Monday 20 May 2013

Glamour and Fashion

Greetings Nomad followers and friends.  Spring arrived with a bang a couple of days ago with the temperature suddenly into the high 20's!!  Full speed ahead in the garden, in a slow, it's too hot to do anything, kind of way!  A bit cooler today and rainy so took advantage to do a bit of craft.  In between potting up the tomato plants and a few other things.  

Korthobby want us to copy one of their designers.  I was feeling in a taggy sort of mood so decided to have a go at Merete's tag.   I had some very similar stamps and liked the look.  

I started by inking my white tag with VersaMagic Pink Petunia, Perfect Plumeria and Eggplant.  Then I added a bit of Brilliance Galaxy Gold for a bit of bling.  I wasn't totally happy so I dry brushed some white acrylic to bring it all together.  Loverly.  

I used stamps from Crafty Individuals French Corsets set.  I stamped the hat and the shop sign on the tag and the dressmakers dummy onto vellum which I then cut out and added a hint of pink.  I ripped a piece of text and stuck it accross the card, added the vellum and the steampunk dragonfly charm from Korthobby.  The flower on the corset is also from Korthobby.  These come as three together but I wanted a single flower so I trimmed it.  The lace along the bottom was coloured with DI Walnut Stain and the tag tie is a piece of cotton coloured with DI Dusty Concord.  Initially I went around the tag with Walnut Stain but didn't like it.  Then I noticed Merete had distressed the edge of her tag.  Perfect.  

Joining the fun at
Korthobby - Lift en av designerne
Ett Trykk Alt annet enn kort
Kort o Mania Utfordring 86 - Bingo blonder/blomster/metal
Papirdokkene Utfordring 47 - Metal
Craft-room Challenge - Stamp your own background

Thanks for dropping by.  Take care.  Craft on.......

12 comments:

Sylvia said...

Great tag, love the background colours and stamping, especially the dressmakers dummy on the vellum. Must make a tag or two myself I have done too much CAS lately.

Sylv xx

Merete/Scrappeguri said...

Nydelig tag med mange fine detaljer. Så hyggelig at du liftet min tag, og det med et Nydelig resultat. Takk for at du deltar inne hos Korthobby!
Merete

Linda said...

Stilig tag hvor metallpynt kom godt frem :)

Takk for at du scrapper med Papirdokkene

Zoechaos said...

Fab Tab great stamping thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Kay Wallace said...

Love your tag, Gail! I especially like the delicacy and femininity of the dress form against the strength and, perhaps, masculinity of the metal pieces! Great combination of elements on a superb textured background!! Bravo!

Mervi said...

Beautiful and feminine tag, so lovely!
Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck;-))m

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What wonderful color! I love your metal bits as well...so fun and just plain beautiful on this tag!

Karina Bunkenborg said...

Flot tag! Tak fordi du deltager hos Kort o mania!

Elisabeth said...

Så flott tag du har laget. I fine farger og flott pyntet!
Tusen takk for du deltar hos Kort O Mania!
Klem fra Elisabeth

hazel said...

This is a fabulous tag. Thank you for joining us at Craft Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Elizabeth said...

Utrolig stilig tag. Lekkert design og flott metallpynt! Takk for at du deltar i Trykkpressa i mai. Klem, Elizabeth

Anne said...

Tusen takk for kult bidrag, og takk for at du scrapper med oss Papirdokker♥

Smil fra Anne :)