Friday 22 August 2014

Book Friends

Hello.  Welcome.  Well, it seems the sun I ordered has been seriously misplaced so maybe a little craft is the order of the day.  Oh goody :-)  There was a little sun early this morning and I checked around the veg patches and found these



A very nice selection of summer squash.  OK, so that one at the back is a little bit big!!  LOL  What to do, what to do



Chocolate and courgette muffin with cream cheese butter cream.  Yummy. 

Whilst waiting to sample the results I thought I'd make an ATC for the Wicked Wednesday challenge.  This week it's back to school.  That always makes me think books so........



I cut my ATC using Sizzix ATC and Corners die, coloured with DI Scattered Straw, Chipped Sapphire and Broken China and spritzed.  I stamped the book stamp from PaperArtsy, masked and stamped the pile of books from Katzelkraft.  It did have ex libris at the top but I masked that out.  Edged with black archival.  The pile of books look clearer in the real but for some reason the camera wanted to make that darker splodge really dark so I have had to play a bit with it.  The colours are a bit more intense on the ATC

Joining the fun at
Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge #120 - Back to School
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Back to School
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - To Die For 

Thanks for your visit.  Off to have a cup of tea and a muffin.  Hugs

3 comments:

Virginia L. said...

I love the inking and stamping! Well done! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Back to School Challenge!

Denice said...

What a fun way to pass the time while waiting for the treats to cool! Love the book stamp...just perfect for this week's challenge. Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday.

Nikki W said...

I love the colors and the book stamp. Great atc. Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday :)