Sunday 19 October 2014

All At Sea

Hello.  Welcome.  I'm going to say it in pictures cos I falling asleep at the keyboard.  What do they say?  Don't drive while tired.  Ah well.   I've been working on my APC for Claudine's challenge.  This is week 7.  See Claudines cards HERE.  

Card 11  I applied various blue distress inks to my card base, dripped some water and dried.  I embossed a piece of old packaging with Sizzix Cirque ef.  





I decided to stamp my sentiment on the background.  And messed it up.  Then I decided it need something else and hi-jacked the turtle that I had stamped for another project.  The stamps here are all Crafty Individuals.  The gold edge was created using my Pilot gold marker.  The seahorse and leaves are Sizzix dies.


The seahorse was cut from gold corrugated plastic from an old chocolate box.  I coated it with crackle paint, which crackled and started to fall off!!  So I added some copper acrylic and then covered the whole lot with glossy accents.  Hopefully everything will stay put now!!

Card 12  I used VersaMagic chalks for this card.  Blues for the background and brick red for the stamping on the background.  The stamps are all Crfty Individuals, except the lady with the ship on her head.  That's a PaperArtsy stamp.  I used some paper tape to mask the center of the card before applying the inks, so I'm sorry, but I will be taking the love away.  Hugz





There she is, lady with a ship on her head.  The compass is a CI stamp covered in glossy accents, and a finger print!!!! LOL  Impatient crafter at work again.  The metal do dads are from Korthobby and maybe CI as well.  I did a knot with some twine and the CI seagull was stamped on vellum and fussy cut.  


My seaside duo.  And that's me up to date, at least for a few hours......

Joining the fun at

Thanks for dropping by.  Big hugz and crafty wishes.

8 comments:

Dagmar said...

Wow - die sind toll - besonders die erste gefällt mir!!!!
Ich freue mich schon sehr auf deine Halloweenkarte :-) Ganz lebe Grüße, Dagmar

Claudine said...

Love your cards, love your background, these are fab!!

Cocofolies said...

Hi Gail!
I love your humor and this is so lovely!!! Especially the one with this turtle I love so much this stamp too.. :) Thanks for the link on Jean's blog (also for your lovely comment about my make haha, many thanks). I'm going to look at your entry for the challenge, I saw the new entries shortly but no time so far to look at them better... Hugs Coco xx

Kay Wallace said...

Both are amazing, Gail, for the first gets my vote! I don't have that turtle, but love him! Both background are full of interest, detail and depth. Well done, my friend, very well done, indeed!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

These are both really beautiful! I think this theme has been my favorite so far!

Becca Cruger said...

AH! That seahorse is just so amazing!! I love all the textures you used.

Unknown said...

Really gorgeous Gail, as you are, always. It is amazing how you come up with the ideas. Beautiful colours, I also like the way you write on the card. Very professional.

Kjersti Gabrielsen said...

Wow, Kreativt :)
Takk for at du er med på utfordringen hos Korthobby.no denne måneden.

DT- Kjersti