Wednesday 12 November 2014

The Invisable Rest

Hello.  Welcome.  Extra special hi and hello to Lisa and Gio who have joined my little following.  Most welcome, and thanks to all my loyal followers and friends.  Your visits and comments bring sunshine.  Hugz

I am on holiday, at least until tomorrow, and had been hoping to do a few posts and catch up on my commenting.  Unfortunately, that hasn't happened.  My grandmother has had health issues and we are all feeling rather ragged.  I'm glad I was able to be here and lend a little help, but it means that many things we intended to do have fallen by the way.  So here is my one and only desert island offering.  That's what I call it when I am away from my stash and crafting with limited resources.  It does tend to inspire improvisation though......


For this card I used Prima Something Blue papers, PaperArtsy JOFY 15 stamps, a black ink pad, a red sharpie and a piece of ribbon.  I started by stamping half a tree on the RHS and then half a tree on the LHS.  Then I stamped off the rest of the ink around the bottom and sides of the card.  I added the three spiky flower stamp.  I stamped the bird and the bird box, fussy cut both, added some colour to the bird and set him behind and through the bird box hole.  He actually reminds me of a really fat robin I once saw that looked like a tennis ball with wings.  Very little wings!!  I added the sentiment and then went a little crazy around the edge with the black ink pad, and some artistic smudges.  

Joining the fun at

Thanks for your visit.  I hope to be able to get around to visit you soon.  Hugz

8 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

Your chubby bird certainly is spotlighted behind that small opening in the bird house! Great use of red to draw the eye, Gail! I also would not have thought to use the left and right sides of your tree stamp on opposite sides of your card! You rocked it!

Kay Wallace said...

P.S. And, thanks for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge! ;-)

*Arwen* said...

How cute is this? Awesome Iona
Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge :)

xx Arwen

Basement Stamper said...

Love how the bird stands out against the neutral background. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

Monika Reeck said...

Gail this is cuuuteee I love the idea with the ribbon and the color of the little bird there..hehe I was also in Bali last 2009 and have so less stash I dont know how to join a challenge with Button cause I have no button or a challenge with pink color cause I only brought blue and purple..haha..
but this limited stash card is cute..now I walk again around your blog..hugs, Monika

Marjorie said...

Fabulous card Gail, I love all the lovely inking and smudging, you sound like you had a good time making this!!..
Thank you for playing with us this week over at 'Papertake Weekly'... good luck with the challenge..
Hugs,
Marjorie xx DT

Anonymous said...

Love the splash of red and the depth you created by adding your 'artistic smudges', great card. Thanks for joining our Stamps & Layers challenge at STAMPlorations this month. Good Luck! Monika

maria f. said...

I really like this. The juxtaposition of scribbled with solid and graphic is so interesting. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month.