Sunday 7 December 2014

Snowbirds and Mercats

Hello.  Welcome.  Here's a couple more of the altered playing cards for Claudine's challenge.  I am a bit behind so these are the week 9 cards.  I posted week 10 the other day so only two weeks behind now LOL.  Go HERE for Claudine's post.  This challenge is such fun.  Hugz

Claudine had a card with circles scratched in it.  I didn't, but managed to add some in.  Obviously my gesso isn't too firmly attached to my playing cards.  Hope it stays put!!  I coloured with Dylusion sprays


I doodled, added some washi die cut shapes and High Hopes Mer-Cat.  How cool is he?  I absolutely loved the sentiment Claudine used and I think it really suits the image.  

For my next card I used very dilute orange acrylic paint and then stencilled with VersaMagic Tea Leaves chalk ink.  The stencil is actually for decorating the top of a cake!!  Love it.  


I really liked this but then I realised I had missed out adding the tissue and the inking!!  I made my own printed tissue using Kaisercraft Graffiti stamp and inked with Frayed Burlap distress ink.  



I spent ages trying to find the right die and image and finally settled on Poppystamps Bountiful Sunflower cut from an orange metal sheet from Add a Little Dazzle.  Then I decided to have it hanging down!!  I added some burlap and lace to the bottom and High Hopes Snowbird.  He was destined for a Christmas scene but seemed to fit here very well.  I added the arrow, partly to cover up the gap, cos my sunflower was positioned a bit low!!, and partly cos I think this bird is a bit of a non-conformist.  Snowbird will be joining the fun at Poppystamps, where challenge #3 is Sparkle and Shine, and also the Dazzling Diva Challenge #54.  



I am liking these very much.  Thanks for the inspiration Claudine, and thank you for taking the time to visit.  Hugz

Entering these over at Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

5 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

Fun and colorful designs! So happy you could join us at the Dazzling Diva Challenge!

Claudine said...

Wow, these are so great! I love them both, I really like how you scratched your circles in. Nicely done on both.

Kay Wallace said...

You are rockin' this Altered Playing Card Challenge, Gail! Both of these are great!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

These are both so much fun! Whimsical and so colorful!

Michele K. Henderson said...

This little snowbird is adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps! have a great 2015!