Sunday 21 April 2013

Not This One, The Other One

Hi and hello everyone.  Got to be quick cos the challenge at PaperArtsy is closing soon.  I have been working on a Linda Cain inspired project but the one I was going to submit has become something of an adventure so I am doing a second little make from the leftovers.  Watch this space for the original idea.  Well, not this particular section of my space cos obviously it will be on a different post but.......  Anyway, enough waffle, on with the art.

 
Linda was doing this technique where she stamped into texture paste here.  I've used some chipboard and applied a good layer of paste and then stamped using swirls from PaperArtsy SIDD05 set.  I don't think I spritzed enough water on cos it stuck a bit to my stamps but great texture.  Coloured with various generic acrylic paints.
Stamped a lady from PaperArtsy LPC001 onto tissue paper and then stuck it on.  Couldn't remember what glue to use so went with hope and glossy accents.  Added some hand dyed wool trim and a bow.  I don't think the camera liked the bulky wool.  Ended up taking this inside with shadows so you could see the tissue paper allows the texture to show through.  The ripped edge of the tissue paper also makes a subtle boundary between the bright background colours. 

Entering this for
PaperArtsy - Welcome Back Linda Cain
The Artistic Stamper - Texture
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Background

Have a great and crafty Sunday.  Thanks for taking the time to visit. 

6 comments:

Redanne said...

You really have used some great techniques Gail and what an amazing result. I like the fluffiness of the wool around the edges too. Hugs, Anne x

Kezzy said...

Wow stunning I so love all the texture its amazing. Happy Crafting :-) Kezzy xxx

Kay Wallace said...

What a super project, Gail! I did see Linda's post on her own blog, but the one on PaperArtsy was much more detailed and finally made sense to me! Love the blues in your piece and the tissue stamping is brilliant! Love it!

Sylvia said...

Love the different textures and beautiful colour on this project, great stamp on the tissue. Thanks for your comment on my alltered dictionary, I can chill now and enjoy the rest of the week.

Sylv xx

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful effect with the background texture and the image stamped over. Love the monochromatic effect of the soothing blues! Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week.

Artyjen said...

Thanks for playing at The Artistic Stamper this month with your fabulous textural art ;)
xoxo Sioux