Wednesday 24 April 2013

Rocking Chicken

Hi Nomad followers and friends.  Welcome to another instalment of craft.  Twice in one day!  Must be keen.  Or maybe it's just a sure sign of rain!!

I have been joining in the fun over at Creative Craft World where we are working on beating the Christmas rush.  This is a lovely quick make so perfect for the Christmas crazy season.  Or even April.

 I used Sizzix Bigz die Bird #2 which comes with it's own embossing folder.  So I cut using gold card, embossed, added a hint of a tint of red ink, a bow and a brad.  I folded a piece of white card and cut it, setting the fold so it came level just under the back of the bird.  Your base card is headless but if there isn't a good length of fold I find the card has a tenancy to open instead of stand.  That's it, a rocking bird.  So easy, so I made a flock....


I just altered the card and ink colour.  In the case of the dark green bird I spritzed with gold shimmer mist.   The bling is unlimited too although if you add anything too heavy your bird may have a tenancy to look a little drunk instead of rocking.  

So 5 more christmassy cards.  That's 12 now!

Me and the birds are rocking along to the challenges at
Creative Craft World - BtCR
Ett Trykk Jubileumsutfordringer Uke 4 - Tørrembossing

Have a happy evening.  Take care, thanks for dropping by, craft on.....

3 comments:

Redanne said...

Wow, 12 Christmas cards already - you are well on your way now. Love big bird and he looks so lovely with his embossed coat. Great colours too. Hugs, Anne x

Kay Wallace said...

Love your flock of "rockin' chickens," Gail! I thought you would not be able to top the gold with tints of red, but the others are all quite enchanting. I have to admit, though, that I am partial to that dark, dark green with the shooting star! I think it quite clever that you "balanced" him with that heart!! Such a fun project--and with a purpose, too! Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth said...

Må si du ligger godt an med så mange julekort allerede:) Utrolig morsom ide, og lekker bruk av embossing! Takk for at du deltar i jubileumsutfordringen hos Ett Trykk. Klem, Elizabeth