Wednesday 10 July 2013

A Little Bird Told Me

Good Morning Followers, Friends, Bloggers.  It's a lovely sunny day here in Norway and warm so out in the garden I should be but I just wanted to do a quick post just to keep us entertained.  Me as well!!  This is a bit CAS using some delighful chip stickers from Basic Grey.   


I have been quietly following Joan's Garden for a while but this is my first time for joining in with the challenge.  It's a weekly challenge and there is usually a recipe to follow which can make it quite interesting.  This week it was plain background, double oval, a sentiment and at least two colours.   I had these lovely Urban Prairie Chip Stickers from Basic Grey.  I used white hammered card for my background, a flower flourish and bird chippy, mostly pink.  I cut two ovals using Spellbinders dies and distressed and coloured the edges with Distress Ink Picked Raspberry.  Then I spritzed them heavily with water and had a cup of tea.  This let the ink diffuse nicely into the card.  I dried and then stamped my sentiment in Picked Raspberry.

Joining the fun at
Joan's Garden - Challenge
Basic Grey Challenges - No Stamped Images
Bunny Zoes Crafts - Pink and White
Simon Says Stamp and Show - A Little Stamping

Thanks for visiting.  Have a great day.  Hope the sun is shining for you, wherever you are. 

7 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Gail, I am so glad you joined us for this week's challenge. your card is so cute. I love the pop of colors and how you added the ovals.
Thanks again for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Connie said...

Hello Gail, this is absolutely adorable :)

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, great colour on the stickers.

Sylv xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card, the swirl and the bird are very eye catching as are the vibrant colours. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Kay Wallace said...

Love that "hammered" card stock, Gail! Great card with the double oval showcasing your sentiment. I like the technique of spritzing and having tea!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

so lovely, love birds, owls all flying creatures!!!
bibiana,
DTM OF MB

AnyOldCraft said...

Such a pretty card.

Thank you for joining in the challenge at Bunny Zoe's Crafts.
http://bunnyzoescrafts.blogspot.co.uk

Julie (AnyOldCraft) GDT