Thursday 25 July 2013

A Very Special Lamb

Hello, hello, blog followers and friends.  Yesterday I got happy mail which worked fabulously with a layout I was putting together for the Imaginisce Challenge.  


This is the sketch for the July challenge.  


This is what I came up with.  I remember this day quite vividly.  The sheep and I were up the mountain.  I was working.  He was enjoying himself.  I always got the impression he was on holiday which was why the Imaginisce Travel Stacker Stickers seemed perfect for this layout.  It was a lovely sunny day, late May, hot and hazy.  I remember seeing this view and asking him to jump on this rock, which he did, and then asking him to stay there while I walked far enough away to photo this glorious scene.  Amazingly he did stay put.  I think he knew home was down the hill and since I was going up the hill to take my photo he knew I would be coming back.

I used Imaginisce Animal Crackers Step Right Up double sided paper as my base 002798.  I was kicking myself a bit cos the other side is full with circus themed tickets, which was why I bought it, but this side was perfect for the layout.  I thought the little triangles looked like a pine forest.  The main picture is the one I took which I had made into postcards.  The image is printed in black and white on the reverse side and I thought it was nice to use the repeat image under the colour one.  It also gives me my Sibbe at Work May 2011 caption.  



I used Imaginisce Travel Stacker stickers 003387, the postcard, the tourist first class tag, cos he was a first class tourist, and the customs declaration, which was a great place for my title and also a bit of journalling about Sibbe.  I added some twine to the tags.  



I really wanted to use my i-Top tool but didn't think brads would fit in.  Then I decided to use the 34mm brad punch for this great spiky shape and some of the packaging from other stacker stickers which had the same triangle design.  This gave me my arrows and I used some other elements from the stacker stickers to add some interest.  The trees are cut using Memorybox Frosted Christmas Tree die.  This was my happy mail!  It's one of their newly released dies that I was lucky enough to win as part of the Memorybox Holiday Release over at A Crear Se Dijo.  Fantastic die.  I cut and embossed some green card and then used DI Mowed Lawn to highlight the embossing.  They fitted perfectly to continue my Norwegian forest theme.  The flourish is Sizzix Flowers and Vine #3.  

For this layout, for my memories of this day and my Lamb in general these papers and embellishments couldn't have been more perfect.  I haven't done many layouts but I am really pleased how all the elements work together to give me a very special frozen moment.  I suppose that is what it's all about.......

Joining the fun at
Imaginisce - July Challenge
Country View Challenges - Summer Sizzler
Stamping Sensations July Challenge 

Thanks for dropping by.  Please leave a comment to let me know you passed this way.  Have a great day. 

10 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Hi - I love this layout. I love the photograph and all the elements you have added. You have done a fab job interpreting the sketch. I like the customs declaration - priceless! such a lovely touch. Ann x

Sylvia said...

Great layout, love the photo, papers and embellishments used.

Sylv xx

Monique Liedtke said...

Gorgeous layout! Love how well the papers match the photos! Thanks for joining us at Imaginisce!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

So super cute!
Thanks for playing with us!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Love your layout. Your little lamb is a cutie! So glad you joined us in our latest challenge at Imaginisce.

Laura said...

Lovely :)

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Angela said...

Cute page, love the trees!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

Hello Gail:
here Bibiana from MB...I just saw your comment...that tree looks fabulous in this page...what a nice and cool idea to make several of them like a little forest...I am glad that you like your prize...keep in touch
bibiana

Inkypinkycraft said...

a great summery green ! Thanks for joining us over at Country view crafts challenge site this time x Trace x