Monday 1 July 2013

Baby Shower

Hi Followers, Friends, Bloggers All.  Welcome to Crafty Nomad Land where I wobble around trying to be...  well, crafty.  Sometimes I even succeed!   Just like a toothless budgie.  Sorry, a bad graffiti joke that just stuck to the brain cell and has out now and again.  You know, it's been a funny old day.  I asked my man what day it was and he said Wednesday.  You're thinking about it aren't you?  I said OK, then later, after realising it probably wasn't Wednesday, suggested to him that most people thought it was Sunday today.  To which he replied "well I knew it was one of those with day in it"!!!!   Is this helpful or is this helpful!!  

Over at Altered Pages the challenge this month was Baby Doll.  Now, OK, I admit it, I'm not really a doll person.  Never have been, probably never will be, but I realise a lot of people, mostly women, although we don't want to be sexist, really like dolls.  Luckily Altered Pages supplied a collage sheet for inspiration and I have been applying the brain cell to the challenge, throwing some ideas around, playing with different elements.  Now the end of the month is nigh and I had to get it together.  Actually quite pleased with the finished project and I may even be persuaded of the value of dolls.  But that's what it's about isn't it?  Doing something that maybe you wouldn't choose to do normally.  Getting out of the comfort zone and trying something new.  Learning.  So, too much waffle tonight, on with the craft......


 I almost forgot to take this picture but luckily I remembered more is more before I started sticking things down!  I have used a Tando Creative Round Printer Tray.  I embossed some card with Sizzix Bingo embossing folder then added some texture paste through some Black Punchinella.  Then I splashed around with various shades of brown and orange acrylic and then added some VersaMagic Perfect Plumeria ink.  I coloured the frame with Burnt Sienna and perfect plumeria.  It gave a nice cherry wood look.  


I added a baby doll from Altered Pages Collage Sheet 3025 Dolly to Love.  I stuck her to card before cutting her out to give a bit more strength.  The banner is from Tando Creative, coloured with various pastel shades and then I have stuck part of a Glitz Cashmere Dame paper garland from Altered Pages onto it.  The buttons are from a grab bag.  The nappy pins were blue plastic but I sprayed them with silver paint.  The little umbrella is from the same grab bag.  It is the perfect colour and size for my baby doll.  The A,B,C,1,2,3 were cut using Sizzix Ducky Wucky alphabet and tinted with the same ink. 


These printer trays come with a little stand so I have painted it to match the frame and painted the two hearts red, of course.  I think this will make a lovely gift for someone expecting, a new mum or a doll lover.  I know one of those!!  

Joining the fun at
Altered Pages - Baby Doll
Tando Creative - Numbers
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

Thanks for dropping by.   Be safe. be crafty......

6 comments:

Gia Lau said...

Great job especially for not being a doll person lol

Kay Wallace said...

Am impressed with your drive to create outside of your "doll zone," Gail, and even more impressed with the result. Love the textured background your create for this circular printers' tray!! Genius! Love it!

Tristan Robin said...

so cute! good job!

cheiron said...

SO cute. I love the little baby pins around the edge. Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

DIYDesignStudio said...

Darling piece, very creative use of embellishments!!!

Daniella said...

Fabulous job!! I'm so glad you joined us!!
xxDaniella