Wednesday 31 July 2013

For the Love of Pink

Hi blog followers and friends.  Welcome to my little bit of blogland on this, the last day of July.  Where is the year going??  Zooommmm.....   It has been too long since my last post.  Not quite sure what happened there because there are a lot of projects I'm working on but I don't seem to have got things finished and posted.  6/10, must try harder.  Anyway, something finally came together and it's for the LOTV and Eclectic Paperie challenges.  Now I have been wanting to join in with the EP challenges for a while because they have such lovely themes but this is the first time I have got it together. Over at LOTV it's pretty in pink and Eclectic Paperie wanted us to make a collage using paper from the kitchen!!   The first thing that came to mind was kitchen roll but after a little hunt through the drawers I found these two contenders.  


I have a few lonely napkins left over from when the pack is almost finished.  This one is Paris themed and pink so ideal for the LOTV challenge.  The other item is a cupcake case from IKEA.  They do some funky colours and although it had never occurred to me to use them for art it worked out quite well.  I can see a collection of funky cupcake cases joining the stash....


So I split the three layers of my napkin, glued it to pink cardstock to get a pink tint and added this lovely pair of young and in loves.  These have been cut from LOTV True Love art pad and mounted on sticky pads.  Such a cute pair.  



I cut the cupcake case into strips and made a double rosette.  I added a Papermania pink ribbon brad and an organza bow.  The hearts are from Tando Creative Hearts Minis that I coloured using Pebeo English Red Fantasy Prisme.  


Joining the fun at
LOTV Challenge - Pretty in Pink
Eclectic Paperie - Use Kitchen Paper  

Thanks for dropping by.  Have a great day. 

3 comments:

Daniella said...

Beautiful work!! I have an article coming out about using paper napkins for backgrounds!! Great minds think alike, right?
Have an awesome day!
xxDaniella

Erica said...

Hi Gail,

Such a fabulous card! I would never have thought of cupcake wrappers as little rosettes! I love the effect of the card behind the napkin!

Thanks for entering our Lili of the Valley 'Pretty in Pink' challenge.

Good luck!

Hugs

Erica x

Sylvia said...

Great use of the napkin and cupcake wrapper, love the card it's fabulous. Off now to scour the kitchen for goodies to use who knows what I will find!

Sylv xx