Sunday 21 July 2013

Queen of the Universe

Good morning blog friends and followers and a very happy sunny Sunday to you.  So why am I sitting indoors crafting??  Taking advantage of a cool breeze that's blowing and funneling it in to my very warm crafty place.  Definitely feeling like a desert nomad at the moment!!   It's Sunday so of course it's my last minute dash to get my PaperArtsy project finished.  Carol Quance has been inspiring us this week and I wanted to try everything, so I have a few things on half, and then ran out of time and have to choose one thing to finish.  So this is it.....my version of Carol's acetate card


I stamped modern girl from PaperArtsy LPC022 onto my inky background using colorbox Plumeria chalk.  It is new and very juicy so I stamped her again without reinking.  Two for the price of one!  I cut the image out, distressed the edges, mounted on black and then on my second inky background.
 
I tested my acetate to check it wouldn't just melt then used Sizzix Flowers and Vine #3 to cut my flowers, and also the green flourish.  I shaped my flowers, coloured with Raisin, Caramel and Ginger alcohol ink and decided to use a little pearl brad to mount them on the card.  The swirls frame her face and suggested a round cut so I got a bit fussy and then mounted on green textured card from docrafts, tinted with Brilliance Galaxy Gold and some gold outline stickers.  My acetate was a bit thin to make a card from and also had a bit of a tint to it.  Will have to try and find some a bit heavier weight.    

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Green
The Artistic Stamper - Ladies Day
Paula Holifield Crafts - Die-ing For It

Have a great Sunday.  Thanks for dropping by.  Off to enjoy the sun.......

10 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is fab: I love it!

Lucy x

Craftyfield said...

Lovely card, I love the the effect of the Brilliance gold on the cardstock (I'm taking notes)and your flower is gorgeous.

craftytrog said...

Great card Gail! I love that image!
Happy Sunday!
Alison x

Julie Lee said...

Gorgeous cards. I love the colours, the gold and the embellishments on the second one particularly! Really effective use of a lovely stamp. Julie Ann xx

Carol Q said...

gorgeous - I love that image. I do like the shape of your (Plumeria?) mount and the way you've framed her face.

Sandra said...

wonderful card, love the image. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

Stamping With Bibiana said...

thanks for sharing this card..love that acetate flower and the colors are so fun too
bibiana

Sylvia said...

Fabulous backgrounds and design, just love those stamps.

Sylv xx

Kay Wallace said...

Neon brilliance! Way to go, Gail!

Lisa said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at ALBC! Lisa :)