Saturday 13 July 2013

Rain Means Craft

Hello everyone.  Welcome to another ramble round the desert.  It's a bit of a grey day so that means CRAFT!!!  Isn't it strange.  Rain and grey days use to be just yuk.  Now it's something to look forward to !!  It's all just a state of mind.  

I have been working on a couple of projects so hopefully I will get them both finished today.  Maybe a double post day!!  Over at Cheery Lynn they were looking for stitches, faux or real, on your project.  Now you may or may not have picked up that me and the sewing machine have a bit of a love hate relationship.  I did play with the idea making something with fabric but my attempts have come to naught.  Didn't even get as far as plugging the machine in!  It will definitely be making an appearance on my next post, if it feels like co-operating today, but here I have gone mostly faux with a summery type card. 


I used green tartan paper from Craft Creations and mounted it on a gold base card.  I cut a circle of gold card then used Cheery Lynn English Tea Party Doily to cut two doilies from handmade paper in yellow and orange and one from gold card.  The handmade paper is quite thick and has an almost felt feel to it.  I layered these, the gold doily I used just the center.  In the middle I have some paper that I embossed with Do Crafts Mixed Buttons folder and then tinted with some brown ink.  The topiary cat and the flowers are from Do Crafts Grown and Sown stamp set.  The corner flourish with the bird is Crafty Individuals Victoria Corner.  I added some faux stitching around the edge and also stitched on my bow.  

Joining the fun at
Cheery Lynn Designs - In Stitches
A Little Bit Crafty - Die-ing For It
Country View Challenges - Summer Sizzler
Hjerteboden Utfordring 7 - Sol, Sommer, Ferie

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you have a great Saturday.  May see you again later......... 

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

Great card, love the tartan paper, blue ribbon and those fabulous dies used.

Sylv xx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

wonderful card...love the stitch challenge good luck on that...keep in touch
bibiana
DTM of MB

Unknown said...

Love your doily as a background! Thanks so much for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very cute, thanks for playing at ALBC

Kay Wallace said...

Super cute card, Gail! And, for the record, faux works just fine in my book (says she who owns a sewing machine which is permanently set up in her studio!)!

Janne said...

So sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at MDUC. Hug, Janne