Saturday 5 October 2013

The One Legged No Eyed Deer

Hello and welcome.  There are many things I should be doing today, no must do today, but decided I just wanted to finish this tag I was working on and share it with you.  Over at PaperArtsy Jo Myhill has been sharing some great projects, if a bit out of the comfort zone.  This quarters guest designers are certainly challenging us.  Anyway after being totally bamboozled by the whole I decided to pick one element and just get started.  Somewhere along the way it all went a bit strange, in a good way, and this tag is the result. 


I was looking at Jo's first project which had quite a lot of elements but I decided to start at the tag.  I coloured my tag with VersaMagic Chalk Inks, my coffee and cake combo of Jumbo Java and Gingerbread.  These two are delicious together.  Then I stamped with the round stamp from LPC001.  Actually I have used a surprising number of stamps on this tag.  Jo had stamped on crunchy wax paper so I did that with the line of circles from SIBM4.  Then I cut it into strips, pleated it and stuck it down.  Then I went looking in the chipboard box for a heart to stamp and found a very nice rocket!!  Yeah, now it starts to go a bit off track. 


Since my colours were looking a bit blokey I thought OK on the rocket.  I've coloured it with Pea Coat and Inky Pool.  Then I stamped Winter Wonderland Plate 6 in Limelight.  Her eyes are just under the 'it's your' but don't damage your eyesight trying to make it out.  I went round the edge of the rocket with a gold ink pad but it needed something so I went around again with the Gingerbread.  That reminded me of my favourite little circles stamp from SM12 so gingerbread circles all over.  Then the sentiment from SIDD5. 

I stamped the saying 'what is today but tomorrow's yesterday' from SIDD1 on crunchy wax paper and cut it out.  I stuck the first three words at the top and the last two at the bottom and threw away the but.  Some nice fibers for a tie and my tag is done.  Really like the pleated wax paper.  I mounted my rocket on sticky pads so it sits above the pleats.  

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Going Dotty 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Say it with Stamps 
ALBC - A Little Bit Shabby 

 Thanks for dropping by.  A comment on this post gives you a chance at this candy and check out my ATC swap as well.   Back soon.......


14 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is great, Gail!

Lucy x

Jo said...

Hi Gail, love the colours and it's all about taking a bit and making it your own which you have! Jo xx

Jules said...

Really nice tag. Like the colour chose :) the rocket really stand out in the pea coat colour.

Etsuko said...

Fab the birthday tag. Rocket is so cute!

Julie Lee said...

That pleated wax paper looks really good, I must give it a try! A lovely fun tag. Julie Ann xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the soft colors! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Helen said...

Love the tag, great rocket!!

Anonymous said...

Terrific tag!

Janet said...

fab birthday tag
Janet

Craftyfield said...

Love all the stamping you did and the crunchy wax looks great too!

The Craft Bucket said...

Fab tag, love it. Thank you for playing along with us at ALBC & good luck. Jane x

Kay Wallace said...

Great b'day tag, Gail! I will definitely try the "crunchy waxed paper" technique because it just adds so much interest and texture. You took a good idea and made it better, in my book!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

lovely tag and unusual color combo. great job
bibiana

Sylvia said...

Wonderful birthday tag, love the stamping and colours, what a super rocked.

Sylv xx