Saturday 30 November 2013

When I Grow Up

Hello and welcome.  Today was mum's birthday.  Happy Birthday Mother.  I sent a card and a little something and Mr Postman actually delivered it on the right day.  Fantastic.  Isn't it great when it all comes together.  

I'm still working with Christmas in unusual colours.  Why not indeed....



Picked this box out of the plastic recycling bag the other day.  My man bought something electrical and threw it away.  I'll have that.  It looks like it wants to be something else.....


I covered it in this peachy coloured handmade paper with batik style stars.  So not my colour but the box loves it.   Added a piece of lace around the top.  



Over at Altered Pages it's all about elves.  So here's my elf.  I used a Rick St Denis image called Klub Kid Elf.  I've coloured her with sharpies and a violet Wink of Stella brush from Altered Pages.  If you look close you might see the sparkle.  I'm not so good at colouring but I think I might be getting better at last.  I admit to a having a couple of fussy cut accidents with a couple of her bells so I decided to used some rhinestones on the bells.  Got to have some bling at Christmas.  



I added another piece of lace to ground my elf.  The holly picture is from Altered Pages Collage Sheet 1050D Christmas Ivy which I layered on gold mirror card.  I did think this would have more embellishments but when I got to here it seemed a shame to hide any more of the gorgeous paper so there it is.  A recycled box.  All ready for some Christmas goodies. 

Joining the fun at 
Altered Pages Challenges - Elves
Eclectic Paperie Eteam Picks Challenge - Recycling 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes 

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you are having a great weekend.   See you in December..... 

8 comments:

Diane said...

Very cute project Gail, what a fun way to recycle and reuse.

Hugs Diane

Tracy said...

Happy birthday to your mum Gail, hope she had a terrific day.
Love how you craft and had a wee giggle at your cutting out...I tend to snip out vital parts too,lol but your elf is beeeautiful from tip to toe and I never would have thought the whole thing was made from recycled plastic packaging...brilliant project and someone is going to be very lucky to get this!!!
Thank you so much for joining us over at eclectic Paperie and good luck.
Hugs
Tracy xxx

Kay Wallace said...

How delightfully "reappointed," Gail! I love it! Orange works for me for Christmas or any other day! Just lovely!

Time to be creativ said...

Eine wunderschön gemachte Schachtel ist das.
LG Anja

Lisa Carroll said...

Fabulous recycled box! Perfectly colored elf. :) Thanks for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week!

Bonnie Irvine said...

What an amazing recycling/repurposing project. It looks nothing like it started...it's gorgeous. I love the bright colours, the fabulous paper with those cool stars, and the RSD image. I think the bling is a great addition...I've certainly had those fussy-cutting issues :)The lace and the snippet of paper behind the elf are both wonderful elements. Thanks for joining our Recycling challenge at eclectic Paperie. I've enjoyed my visit.

Sylvia said...

Fabulous project, love Rick's images. The elf looks great on the orange paper.

Sylv xx

DIYDesignStudio said...

very sweet project!