Monday 9 December 2013

Using The Kids Toys

Hello and  welcome.  Hurrah, happy mail.  A new Wink of Stella brush pen.  I was very good and only bought one but I'm sure I will succumb and order some more.  I already had purple, now I've got a green one.  I don't know why but I seem to be able to control these really well.  Give me a paint brush and it's like a two year old got hold of the art but these Wink brushes seem to suit me.  Plus I love the instant glitter effect.  I also got an alternative to glossy accents so I'll let you know how I get on with that.  It's always great when folk give the lowdown on products they are using.  It's so nice to know what works and why.  It can be expensive to buy a well hyped product only to find it doesn't do what you were expecting.  What's your favourite product of the moment?

I've been working on an ATC.  For this one I raided the kids again.....


I've used a piece of scratch art card.  This is the stuff you buy which is black and when you scratch it there are pretty colours underneath.  I decided to try embossing it.  I used Sizzix Cirque folder, a definite favourite of the moment, and then some sandpaper to remove the black off the embossed areas.  I was a bit heavy with the sand paper and it was a bit coarse but if you have one of those fancy blocks I'm sure you will manage a much neater job.  I think that's a little bit cool.  


I've used a teddy stamped Do-crafts Gold Star stamp.  I added an aluminium star frame with a printed star inside.  I have filled this with my new 3D crystal lacquer.  The jury is still out on that.  I need to play a bit more with it.  I also added a copper heart from Korthobby tied on with a cotton thread bow.  A funky Christmas ATC.  

Joining the fun at
Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge 113 - A Charmed Christmas 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make Your Own Background 
Korthobby Desember Utfordringen - Alt Er Lov Bare Det Er Jul 
The Artistic Stamper Creative Team Challenge - Anything Goes 
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

Thanks for your visit.   Back soon with more Christmas joy. 

3 comments:

Lin said...

Love your idea for a background - so unique! Thanks so much for sharing your ATC with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Lisa said...

Love this bright beautiful card Gail! Thanks for joining Papertake Weekly :)

Kay Wallace said...

Call me an enabler, if you must, but you MUST buy the Wink of Stella CLEAR! Love it! Love your ATC, too!