Sunday 6 July 2014

Blue Blooms

Hello.  Welcome.  Over at PaperArtsy this week there are so many fab projects I wanted to try but time is running away again.  My friend Elin and I had a fabby fun time yesterday learning to make dichroic jewelry using an ingenious little oven you put in the microwave.  If you don't know what dichroic jewelry is have a search on ebay and you will find loads of people selling it cheap.  But where's the fun in that???   So after spending a few hilarious hours and the budget, and next months budget, and maybe more, we return home a few pendants richer and with the capacity to make our own.  More fun than a box of chocolate frogs.  


Sue made a frame but I wanted a card so I added IKEA black paper tape around the edges of a blue card and dry brushed with PaperArtsy FF Pea Coat.  And nothing happened!!  Cos Pea Coat is translucent.  Duh!!  Then I remembered Leandra says if you add an opaque to a translucent it becomes opaque so I added a little white and voila!   I had some paint left on the craft mat so I spritzed it with water and stamped flowers and flourishes from PaperArtsy ELB04



I added some more stamping to the background using stamps from PaperArtsy SM12 and Memento London Fog ink.  I stamped flowers and leaves from PaperArtsy ELB04 onto blue card using VersaMagic and Colourbox blur chalk inks and fussy cut.  I stamped and die cut a piece of the background card using PaperArtsy Spotty Dragonfly die and LPC022 stamp.  The sentiment is Kort og Godt stamps and reads 'congratulations, you aren't old, you have just been young a bit longer than many others'



The black resin flowers are Webster's Pages and I added a touch of gilding wax to make them less glossy

Joining the fun at

Thanks for your visit.  Hope you are having a fantastic weekend.  Hugs

10 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Beautiful. It has a lovely depth to it. Love the sentiment too. X

Darcy Marshall said...

Ohhh nice! that built up beautifully. You must have the old peacoat, there is a newer version that is opaque.

Lucy Edmondson said...

Really pretty!

Lucy x

Kay Wallace said...

Love the framework, Gail, and that quote makes total sense to me! Nice done, my friend!

brenda said...

Never come across that technique Gail but am very curious to check it out now.

A beautiful piece of artwork and lush colours, thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

brenda said...

Hi again Gail,

I don't think I also said thank you for joining in at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Lynne K said...

Wow, love this, Gail! Gorgeous colours and such a pretty design. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations for our Summer Blooms challenge.

Hmm, think I'm going to have to check out the dichroic stuff....

Lynne

Gerrina said...

What a beautiful border and frame! A great card!
Thank you for joining at Penny Black and more! Gerrina, Guest-Designer

Whisper said...

Oooo stunning, and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month and good luck, Luv Sam x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x