Saturday 23 August 2014

Bathing Beauties

Hello.  Welcome.  Sometimes, despite previous experience to the contrary, I decide to have a go at a style I am not really comfortable with.  For me Vintage is one of those styles.   I see such lovely vintage projects but just can't get it.  Tonight I decided to try again.


I used Cheery Lynn Celtic Fire Oval Frame doily die and a picture of a couple of bathing beauties.  I used DI Vintage Photo on the diecut, backed it with a piece of kraft and added some lace around the edge.  I used Cheery Lynn Dandelions and Tea Rose Small to make the flowers and added a lace hanger and a metal charm from Korthobby.  I added some clear rhinestones to the charm.  It reminds me of vintage jewellery.  

Joining the fun at
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 146 - Doilies 
Korthobby - Vintage
Pretty Pink Posh Cutting Edge Blog Hop
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - To Die For 

Thanks for your visit.  Hope you are having a great weekend.  Hugs

12 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

Such a gorgeous vintage design Gail and your roses are beautiful and love the accents of the dandelions. Thanks for joining in the Cheery Lynn Challenge and good luck.
Julie x

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful design! This is lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

shulsart said...

Wonderful vintage design, Gail, great choice to use the Celtic Fire frame. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Karen said...

Loving the vintage look! This is so amazing! Thanks for playing along in the weekly Cheery Lynn Designs challenge! Good luck to you!

NGCARDS said...

This is a lovely creationhun, I love the colour scheme and the vintage feel :) Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

Sylvia said...

You have captured the vintage look beautifully. Fabulous die used for the oval and your embellishments are gorgeous.

Sylv xx

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

I think it worked out very well, love the flowers

Kay Wallace said...

You have successfully captured vintage charm here, Gail! Just beautiful!

Sue D said...

Lovely vintage design!

stampingbowd said...

Great job with the vintage look! I like the lace hanger!!! I love the vintage look as well but most of the time I don't feel like I go far enough. I am ready to stop too soon! This is fabulous with the embossed frame, pretty charm and flower embellishments!

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

For someone who "can't get" vintage, I think you did a wonderful job! Love the lace hanger and around the edge. Great job on the inking, too. Tfs!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

wow...this is stunning!