Monday 25 August 2014

Making Sunshine

Hello.  Welcome.  It's been a cold, wet, grey day.  What happened to the summer??  They say we may get some sun tomorrow but I couldn't wait.  I decided to make a bright happy card and also have a play with some new crafty items that I go a couple of days ago.  Now, by new, I mean new to me.  I finally bought some distress stains and I also splashed out to try a Prima doll with matching dies.  



I decided to try the splat technique with the stains.  I used Fired Brick and Mustard Seed.  Splat!   Splat!  Splat!  What fun!  This is Prima doll Zoe.  I stamped her and used the matching dies to cut her and her clothes out.  I hit the scrap box for her clothes.  Her top is a piece of DCWV paper and the skirt and shoes is a scrap I had coloured with DI inks.  Definitely quicker using the dies than fussy cutting but my die placement wasn't perfect.  I am sure that will get better with practice.  



I mounted my panel on a texture white card which I coloured with DI Barn Door.  I stamped the flower stamp from Prima For You stamp set and the greeting from the Prima Sunshine set. 

Joining the fun at
Our Creative Corner - Summertime
Pretty Pink Posh Cutting Edge Blog Hop
7 Kids Challenge 106 - Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Summer Colours 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugs



8 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Very cute!!! Love the splat technique with your image!

canadian_liner said...

Love your splat! background and funky paper-pieced doll. I didn't know those doll stamps had coordinating dies?! Don't you love that? Makes crafting so much easier.

Jo said...

Fun image! Thank you for playing in our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com.

Kay Wallace said...

Full of sunshine and cheer, that's for sure! Delightful image, Gail! A winner in my book!

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

Cute card :)

Sue D said...

Cute card and great technique.

Liz's creative corner said...

Fab card, love the splats and image, thanks for sharing with us at Bunny Zoe's, hugs Liz xx

Julia S-W said...

Lovely sunny colours and the doll image is perfect for your project!
Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner for this challenge.
Julia x