Wednesday 31 December 2014

Escaped Sock Monster Causes Crafty Chaos

Hello.  Welcome.  I am just trying to slip a last project or two into this year.  Wow, how scary is that.  Only a few hours til 2015.  Unless of course you are in Australia and it's probably already next year.  Wierd!!  I have decided that tidying my crafty space is going to be a priority for 2015.  It seems the sock monster, the one who usually lives in the washing machine eating the odd sock, has relocated to my desk.  Every time I put something down it vanishes!  Sock Monster seems to be branching out into glue, flowers and pencils!!  Maybe he's got the crafty bug LOL

Over at PaperArtsy there has been a fab week of #3UP inspiration to top off an amazing semester of inspiration.  I loved the stencil feature and especially liked Claire's bumping.  I have had mixed sucess with this in the past but decided to give it another go.  Result - mixed sucess.......


I decided to start with the flower embellishments.  I painted a piece of card with Fresco Finish Inky Pool, Pea Coat and Butternut.  I did some mad spritzing with gold shimmer spray and stamped with JOFY15.  



I cut them out and layered them with a mini brad in the center.  The leaves are from JOFY34.  



Uhhh.....  OK, forgot to take more photo's so here's the finished project.  I don't usually talk about mistakes, mostly cos I hope no one else sees them, but maybe I'll let you in on my mixed success.  I was pleased with the white and blue stencil bump at the top using PS007.  The bullrushes from the same stencil were less successful.  I used Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain distress inks and I think a bit more contrast is required for this technique.  I have just achieved fat bullrushes with a bit of shadow.  And I have no idea what that fat little bird is doing there!!  Where's the flowers? I hear you cry.  Well the sock monster had one.  I'll probably find it stuck to the cat later.  I had this bird cut out for a project the other day and he looked so cute I just stuck him on.  That messed it all up!!  So I scrabbled around and found the cute flower border in the Bloom set, stamped the tree from JOFY 34 and tweeted all over the place.  I splashed a bit of Stormy Sky distress ink around the edges and randomly on the card to finish. 

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy

Thanks for your visit.  Off to see if I can banish the sock monster.   Have a lovely evening and be safe.  Hugz

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Gail,
Love the "bump" look you achieved on both your cattails and the other stencil and that bird is amazing.

Craftyfield said...

The bird looks good where he is, so happy accident! Funny you should mention the sock monster cause it just returned a sock MIA for the last 2 weeks! I need to re-organise and streamline my craft stash too, not looking forward to it !
Best wishes for 2015 xx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

yes maybe for you too is already 2015...weird...I am still in the 2014! but I am here to wish you an excellent new year, may all your wishes come true. thanks for all your support and comments through the 2014 at all my blogs, I look forward for new things to share with you...best wishes
and warm hugs from the USA
bibiana

Art By Wanda said...

I think the bullrushes look great!!!! And the finished card!!! And the flowers!!!