Sunday 21 December 2014

Poor Man's Pac Man

Hello.  Welcome.  Jack had a birthday.  Happy Birthday Jack.  Jack really likes dinosaurs and I had an idea to make a shaker card.  I hope you like it Jack.  



I've used Paper Smooches Cuteasaurus set.   When I saw the pile of stones in their picture perfect challenge I thought the rocks in this set would be perfect.  Turns out you can have piles of dinosaurs as well!!   I stamped the different stamps on shrink plastic and coloured with pro-markers.  A whole load of very cute shrinkies.  I've used foam to space my shaker element.  



I stamped the leaves from the Cuteasaurus set onto a piece of Craftwork cards patterned paper.  Then I decided a straight shaker was a bit boring so I added some ramps and stuck some trees and rocks at the ends to keep it interesting.  



Then I filled it with dinos, sequins and a few beads.  OK, yeah, it's a bit busy and the dinos and rocks are all in piles.  I'm sure Jack will shake them into submission.  



I used a piece of handmade paper on the front of the shaker element.  I think this is made from banana leaves.  Good texture.  I added stamped leaves, rocks, bones and dinos.  This shows the difference between the stamp size and the shrunk size.  I added a hopefully humorous computer generated text.  I stamped the leaves on a piece of green paper and have used this behind the shaker and also cut parts of the leaves to disguise the ramps.  Hoping it's a hit.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Paper Smooches Sparks - Picture Perfect Challenge
I Love Promarkers Challenge 250 - Anything Goes 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes 
Stampotique Designers Challenge 176 - Anything Goes

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz, and extra hugz for Jack. 


7 comments:

Lori said...

What a fun take on a shaker card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

How cute is that??? Fabulous idea!

Anonymous said...

So super fun! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

Carol L said...

THis is so clever and fun!! I'm sure jack is already loving it and playing with it too! I love the idea of having tilted tiers, adding to the fun of a routine shaker card! NJ!

massofhair said...

Fab and fun dinosaur card! Brill ideas to make it different and it is bright and noisy lol:-) xxx

*Arwen* said...

Haha great and funny idea!
Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge :)

xx Arwen

Lisbeths kort og scrap said...

What a great idea for a shaker card! Love it! Thanks for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at I Love ProMarkers. Hope to see you back for new challenges. Good luck, hugs from Lisbeth.