Saturday 11 April 2015

Did You Ever Have One Of Those Days Dahling

Hello.  Welcome.  Well, it's been one of those days.  Culminating in one of those cards where every little thing seemed just a bit more of a disaster than the previous one.  Still, perseverance and plain stubbornness won the day.  I hope......


This actually started life yesterday as another go at the fun cut out panel technique.  I was going to enter it over at the MFP challenge but then my friend rang and said "want to ride?"  Beautiful evening yesterday so this little sweetie got abandoned on the desk.  I did take a picture of the first stage this time LOL.  I cut a panel using Simon Says Stamp stitched die.  Then I stamped High Hopes Boo Crew Border and cut out my panel.  I like this technique cos it actually saves some fussy cutting but you still get the layered effect. 


OK, so this is the finished card and as you can see it has changed in appearance from the above picture!!  I had a little accident with my gold pilot marker whilst colouring the star and had to remove the top panel!!  Just go with it I say.  I coloured my image with a mix of Promarkers and watercolour pencils.  I backed the Boo Crew with Cheery Lynn Spider Web Mesh Border.  The flowers were cut using Cheery Lynn BAF#1 and Tea Rose Small dies with a mini brad for the centers.  The two flowers on the end are covering up the fact that the black pen I used is not waterfast!!!!  Will be remembering that!  I have been trying out my handwritten sentiments again!!  Need to work on getting the letters the same size!  Mounted the whole thing on a piece of MME patterned paper.  Went a little crazy around the edge with the black archival ink pad and added an orange card base.

Thanks for your visit.  Hope you are having a crafty weekend.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 179 - Handmade Flowers
High Hopes Stamps Challenge 254 - Anything Goes
I Love Promarkers Challenge 26 - Ink It Up
Flonzcraft Challenge 31 - Handmade Flowers
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - A is for.....  Arggggggg!!.  OK, how about Animals??
Allsorts Challenge Week 306 - Bingo Flowers, Brads, Sentiment

14 comments:

Lilibet said...

What a fab card -love this panel idea. Think I need to give this a try. Well done - your perseverance definitely paid off. Thanks for joining the challenge at I Like Promarkers.
Lilibet (:(|)x

shulsart said...

Oh, I love this stamp and what a fun card you have created. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

brenda said...

So a very striking card with those wonderful vivid colours Gail.

Have a good Sunday and thank for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

brenda said...

Beach again Gail, just realised as I navigated away that you have shared your lovely card with us at FlonzCraft Wintage Stamping Challenges, many thanks.

B x

Mummylade said...

Wonderful technique. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge.

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a fun and beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Kay Wallace said...

Another marvelous card from you, Gail, and this one full of color and fun! Good luck with all these challenges!

Donna Rudy said...

A fun, great card. Love the flowers! Thank you for joining our challenge at High Hopes. Good luck!

susiestacey said...

Lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Bingo' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Carolina F. said...

Thank you for joining us at High Hopes Challenge: Anything Goes this month.

Craftyfield said...

I have these days all the time... I now think of crafting as a series of problems to be solved! Love the way you fussy cut this image, it's very effective. Fun image and lovely flowers too. Thanks for sharing with use at Vintage Stamping Challenges.

Lynne in NI said...

Great card, I love your panel idea and great job with your handwritten sentiment too! Thanks for playing along with us at High Hopes :)

Lacey Stephens said...

Very cute card!! Thank you for playing along with the High Hopes Challenge. We will have another one posted tomorrow and hope you will play along again soon!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
High Hopes Lead Designer

Nat said...

love everything about this fun design!! Thank you for joining us at High Hopes Anything Goes Challenge this month.