Tuesday 12 May 2015

If I Had A Penny

Hello.  Welcome.  I was waiting for paint to dry and this embossed panel caught my eye.  I decided it would make a lovely simple Mothers Day card and also get a UFO (un-finished object) off my desk LOL.  



This is Couture Creations Butterfly Hugs embossing folder.  I used the de-bossed side and coloured with Scattered Straw distress ink.  By using the debossed side the ink colours the background and leaves the image white.  I think it gives a more subtle look.  I mounted on a gold base card and added a Unity sentiment layered on the same gold card. 

Joining the fun at
Die-Versions Blog Hop and Mothers Day Card Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Le'ts Get Sentimental
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday April 2015 - Yellow
OCS May Challenge - Anything Goes
Unity Stamp Co. Friends With Flair 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

24 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card! I love the debossed side! It really stands out. Thanks for playing along with us at Die-Versions Mother's Day Card Challenge!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the debossed design!! It's fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Die-Versions Mother's Day Card Challenge!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anne Temple said...

This is beautiful and what a great idea. Thanks for sharing it with us for the Die-Versions Mother's Day Challenge.

Virginia L. said...

Love the contrast of color card stock. The de-bossed details are lovely and sophisticated! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Let’s Get Sentimental” Challenge!

Lizzy Hill said...

This is absolutely STUNNING! I adore it! clever clever, you:):)

Kay Wallace said...

Using the debossed side here was key to creating something very, very beautiful, Gail! I love this one and am sure it was well received!

DIANA L. said...

This is so beautiful I love your debossing and the color and design.
I saw this on Unity FWF. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Ruby said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colours.

Becca Yahrling said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for inspiring me to use the de-bossed side of my folders (never thought of that before!).

Bananastamper said...

Such a fun and pretty card!

LauraEva said...

Love this card---great job!

Brandi R said...

Wow that's beautiful! Love it ♥

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card!

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh my gosh Gail, your card is lovely.

Karen Day said...

Way to go, using up an UFO! I love the two-tone look, too. Glad to have you join our May challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

Gaylynn said...

Very pretty card with such a cool technique. Turned out awesome. :)

Shari said...

Lovely use of your embossing folder! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper and good luck in the monthly challenge.

Cynthia said...

This is lovely, Gail.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.xxx

Sue D said...

Very pretty and great technique.

D- said...

I saw your project at Unity's FWF and came over for a closer look...
Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Scrapper Myra said...

Oh. Love it. Very nice beautiful project.

Dr. Ivy said...

Beautiful card. Love the contrast.

Life of a Caffeinated Mom said...

Great technique. I love this card.