Friday 8 May 2015

Portrait of Hermione

Hello.  Welcome.  A special hi and hello to Patti J who has joined my happy following.  So lovely to have you along.  A extra big hug to you and all my lovely followers.  Hugz

It was a very happy mail day today with some of the latest releases from Cheery Lynn dropping into the mail box.  I couldn't resist these dies.  Luckily I was the challenge winner a few weeks ago so I had a few free dollars.  Thanks Cheery Lynn.  



Meet Happy Hippo.  So cute.  The colour scheme is courtesy of the Pinkfresh Studio, who in collaboration with Winnie and Walter, are having a fun celebration of National Scrapbook Day.  I used an aqua card base and added some Salty Ocean distress ink smudges.  I cut Cheery Lynn Celtic Fire Oval frame and backed it with a piece of harlequin embossed neon pink card. I added some Salty Ocean, but of course pink + blue = purple, so I flipped it over, used white ink then Salty Ocean.  A bit darker than I wanted but it's still blue.  I cut Cheery Lynn Happy Hippo from aqua and pink card and paper pieced.  I added sapphire blue rhinestones for the eyes and some neon pink photo corners.  

Joining the fun at
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 183 - Lots of Layers
Pinkfresh Studio Color Challenge - Aqua, Gold, Neon Pink
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Let's Get Sentimental 
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Words 
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes 


Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

9 comments:

shulsart said...

What a fun and happy summer card, Gail. Just too cute! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Virginia L. said...

Bright and cheery! Perfect colors for this happy hippo! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Let’s Get Sentimental” Challenge!

Craftyfield said...

This Hippo is fantastic! You've spent your winnings wisely...

Lizzy Hill said...

This really does lift my spirits and make me feel happy.....& that yellow die is a YUMMY one!!!

Karen said...

WOW Gail that hippo is so adorable and those colors are so cheeryful! Thanks for playing in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Good luck!

Corina said...

I really like the tone on tone ink smudges for the background. Love what you have done with the new release dies and love your colour choices.....hello summer! Thank you for joining in on the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Jane said...

How can this not make you smile!! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

Scrapmate said...

What a fun card!

maggie said...

It made me smile!