Friday 26 June 2015

Merry and Bright

Hello.  Welcome.  It's hotting up here at last.  It's a t-shirt day today.  Must get a picture of Bob flat out in the rabbit garden.  Although I am glad to see the sun it's warm for the small furries.  They are all lying stretched out trying to catch some breeze.  Lots of small birds visiting the pond for a bath.  Fun watching them splashing about. 

There is a CASE playground over at Stamplorations and Cornelia has put in a couple of cards using a stamp from Stamplorations Vignette Celebrate Artsy set to create a background.  The link above is to her Christmas version.  Here's mine



I know, it's a bit bright.  Well, I also wanted to join the One Layer Christmas Card challenge where the twist this time is Green.  So I picked a yellow base card and various shades of Distress ink.  I was going to stamp the background and then add a fussy cut detail til I remembered I was trying for one layer!!!  So I stamped the Paperartsy tree with Pine Needle distress.  A little late I decided to try and emboss the star and basket with gold and the tree with green powder.  The gold is patchy.  Which I like.  Sort of distressed.  The green is almost not there at all.  Just a little texture here and there.  I quite like that as well.  Then I masked and stamped the background. 



I added the two vertical word stamps from Marks Finest Papers Nutcracker set and embossed with gold.

Joining the fun at
OLCC Challenge 12 - Green
Stamplorations June CASE Playground
June Rudolph Days Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes 
DRS Designs Challenge 180 - Oh My Stars  just the one LOL, on the top of the tree

Thanks for dropping by.  Back very soon with a couple more projects.  Best laid plans and all that jazz.  Hugz

10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely card!! Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations Inspirations

scrappymo! said...

Great Christmas card...your pretty tree with the distressed gold looks fab on that background you created.

Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Gail - you made me happy - I love it when somebody CASEs my cards! Came out great - nice masking! Thanks so much for playing with us at STAMPlorations!

Teresa Kline said...

hello Gail! luv this, the background is so very cool! thanks for the inspiration... I am having a giveaway on my blog, stop by and comment for your chance at winning.....
http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2015/06/shine-on-giveaway.html

I am so glad you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Jane Willis said...

Lovely card, very fresh yet very festive

LesleyG said...

Lovely card Gail, so hard to do one layer! xxx

Shelia said...

The tree with the distressed gold looks very pretty. I like the background you created too. Thanks for joining us at DRS Designs this week!

Deepti said...

Fabulous! Love the greens, so glad you played with us at CASEplorations :)

Susan Joyce said...

Very bright and creative lovely Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at OLCCC.

Kathyk said...

Super make and One Layer too! Yee Haa!

Kathyk