Wednesday 26 August 2015

Gelly Roll Frosting

Hello.  Welcome.  Over at Marks Finest Papers blog the challenge this week is to use or decorate a candle.  I bought some candles a while ago and there they sit, sad and undecorated, so I thought this might be a good opportunity to get a few ready to gift.   Last time I did this technique I used my heat gun.  Well, we know how that stands!  Dead!!  So here comes Mr Iron to the rescue again.  



I decided Christmas will be here before we know it so I decided to use the cute little gingerbread dude from Marks Finest Papers Holiday Tags set.  I stamped him 4 times on tissue paper and coloured with Versamagic Gingerbread chalk ink, red sharpie and white gelly roll pen.  



Then I ironed them on to my candle.


I liked it so much I decided to decorate some more. 



These 4 candles came in a little tray and I was going to cover it with gold paper, but couldn't find it.  So I unfolded the tray and used it as a template to cut a new one from gold card.  Much easier and prettier.  I also stamped some of the sentiment stamps from the Holiday tags set around the side.  Make sure you get them up the right way LOL!!!!

  
Now I just need to add a bit of cellophane and a ribbon and it's a cute little gift.  

Joining the fun at
Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 276 - Use/Decorate a Candle
CHNC Challenge 243 - Use Some Gold 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
ABC Christmas Challenge - Q is for Quantum Leap  N is for Not A Card

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

11 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

Totally adorable Gail and you have just reminded me of the candles I have sitting waiting to be decorated for about a year in my craft room. thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs Julie x

Stampsnob. said...

Now those are just adorable I am happy you shared with us at MFP Speedy Fox and Friends..............Lis

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Oh thanks so much for reminding me about making stamped candles. I always forget to do this. Your candles are great! Thanks for joining in at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends challenge.
hugs,
Pam
MFP SF&F DT

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous candles Gail! what a fabulous gift! the little gingerbread men are adorable and I love that you used an iron, that was brave :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Vickie Y said...

Adorable candle and fun project. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP SF&F candle Challenge.

Becca Cruger said...

What a cute little gift set! I've never thought about making candles this way but it's such a cool technique!

Jane said...

Love the cute Ginger Guys! Very cute idea too!!!
Thanks for joining us this week at MFP/SF&F challenges.

kReN said...

Your decorated candle is perfect for our MFPSS challenge this week. TFS! kReN, MFPSS DT

Hazel said...

What a beautiful project. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 243 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

Bibi Lindahl said...

What a lovely pressie!! Love your candles. It has been years since I decoated any this way, but now that I saw your post I really want to do it again. Thank you for the inspiration, sweetie!

Zw@@n said...

Wow, these candles are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma