Wednesday 16 September 2015

Big Witch, Little Witch, Ghoul and Ghost

Hello.  Welcome.  As I was looking to see what I could use to join the fun at Unity friends today I came across a few halloween itty bittys.  I had been looking for something that would fit the Unity sketch and decided these guys were perfect.  One was a ghost, which reminded me that DominoART want any game with a ghost.  Which reminded me that I STILL have some unaltered playing cards.  Just call me Procrastination.  So, put it all together and come up with this



I took my gesso'd playing card and stamped Unity's Frazzled, the ghost from Be Afraid, the witches from Best Witches and Halloween Greetings (NBUS) , and Numbers, Etc. (NBUS). I embossed the trick or treaters with black embossing powder.  The numbers were stamped using London Fog ink and clear embosssed.  



I coloured with sharpies, promarkers and distress inks.  I was going to add a halloween greeting and the number 31 but then it struck me that it looked like the kids had dressed up for Halloween and were posing for the camera.  So I die cut Smile using Cheery Lynn Happy Hippo in green and black.  I really need some tiny little 'click' sentiments to scatter around.  

Joining the fun at
Unity Be Inspired - Sketch/Color 
Unity Friends
DominoART Challenge 16 - Spooktember 
Country View Challenges - Numbers 
Scrapyland Challenge 26 - Use an Image + a Die 
OCS September Challenge - Christmas/Halloween 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

21 comments:

Migdalia said...

Spooky cute & fun!!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Becca Yahrling said...

Fun card - great coloring!

Rebecca Wong said...

Owww, this is so cute! love how you combine all these stamps together, so nice!

Kris B said...

Such a fun card! What a great way to re-purpose old cards! Love the idea!

Ruby said...

Very cute card.

Gaylynn said...

Very cute in a spooky way. Very cool Halloween stamping for sure.

Lisa :) said...

darling card!!

Lizzy Hill said...

I think the sentiment is just perfect for your card....& good on you getting another one altered:);

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Ha ha, that is a ghoulish crew! Too cute!

scrappymo! said...

OMG...this is so darned cute. I have a silly grin on my face and this card just makes me happy...it is so darn cute...did I mention that???

Lori Kobular said...

What a fun Halloween card! I love the images and they do look like they were posing for a picture so that big smile looks terrific with it! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #26!

Juliz Design Post said...

So cool, spooky and cute and certainly makes me smile.
Julie x

Sylvia said...

What cute Halloween card,Gail.Little bit scary, too :) Beautiful colouring.

Hugs,Sylvia.

Donna Ellis said...

What a great Halloweenie card! Love the intense colors and great image used! Thanks for sharing your pretty project in the Scrapy Land Challenge! Hope you will join us again! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Janis said...

Oh, my goodness, Gail.....did you mask all those characters to do that stamping????? I loathe masking as much as fussy cutting!!!! LOL...
What a fun and spooky take on the sketch!! Fabulous for Halloween. I like your wonderful coloring and the numbers in the background. But you know what?....I really like the ghostly effect of the unfinished first photograph! Now you need to make another one. :)
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Sue D said...

Very fun, spooky and colorful.

JPScraps said...

This is too cute! Layering the stamps from different sets is genius!!

Eva Bussom said...

Super cute, love all the different Techniques you used!

Sue said...

A fun card. Thank you for joining us act One Crazy Stamper this month.

Christine Kiehl said...

Great card! Good luck!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

I absolutely love your altered playing card! Thank you for playing in DominoART's Ghosts challenge & hope you'll play again soon! November/December is Winter Wonderland ;0)