Friday 11 September 2015

Little Green Men

Hello.  Welcome.  I decided to try Stamping Through a Stencil, which is the technique challenge over at MFP this week, and combine it with green and gold.  I wanted to try using sentiment stamp.  I think it made for an interesting background but maybe isn't quite as readable as I was hoping for. 



I cut a green tag and used Mowed Lawn distress ink through Stamplorations Just Squares stencil for a tone on tone look.  Then I stamped the sentiment 'I've been very, very, very good this year' from MFP Dear Santa set in versamark and embossed with gold powder.  I stamped and embossed MFP Nutcracker, also on green card!!  Made for interesting skin tones!!!!  I coloured with various shades of green sharpie markers.  His gold embossed eyes also looked a little strange so I added some google eyes and embossed his beard with white puff powder.  I think he looks like a child who has been asked if he's been good and he's trying his best to say 'I have, I have, really I have.....'

Joining the fun at
Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 278 - Stamping Through a Stencil 
Stamplorations September Mixed Media Challenge 
Stampotique Designers Challenge 212 - Use Only 2 Stamps 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use a Stamp 
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Stamping 
Time Out Challenge 39 - Make Your Mark

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz
 

19 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

Very cute little Nutcracker man and the bright green and gold is perfect choice of colours.
Julie x

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful card; love the green and gold color combination. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP SF&F Challenge.

Janis said...

This turned out great in the bright green with the gold embossing. Love how you did the nutcracker with the puffy beard and googly eyes. I really enjoyed experimenting with this technique.
I missed you at FWF this week....so had to come over and make sure you were okay. lol... I see now that you left a link in the comments. Hope they count your entry. Off to comment on your project. :)
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Lizzy Hill said...

I think you are spot on with what he is saying! Too cute for words.....love the touch of gold:):)

Stampsnob. said...

Terrific tag Love the color green you used Thanks for playing with us at SF&F MFP...............Lis

Pat said...

Absolutely lovely!!

Scrapmate said...

Great nutcracker stamp!

sue :) said...

Great tag, Love the gold and green together very festive.

buterfliecrafter said...

I like the idea of stamping through a stencil.

Jane said...

What a lovely tag! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

Jackie said...

Great idea stamping through a stencil!
Thank you for joining us at stampotique

TangledBlueRose said...

Love the bright green! Such a festive color and so happy :) I love the embossing on the stencil background, looks great! Very nice and thank you so much for playing with us at STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge!~kim

Shona Chambers said...

Such a cool idea to stamp thru the stencil, gives a brilliant effect. And love all the green with gold, the googly eyes look so cool. Very awesome card and I'm so glad you joined us at TIME OUT!

Nonni said...

Great background, very fun way to use that stencil! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

Susanne Rose said...

This is such a cute tag Gail. Thank you for entering the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge. Hugs, Susanne.

Jingle said...

This is an adorable tag! Thank you for joining us for the STAMPtember® celebration on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Gez Butterworth said...

Gorgeous tag ♥

Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designers Challenge. Gez

maggie said...

A great tag.

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Great tag Gail...love the googly eyes and the rich green! Thank you for playing along at STAMPlorations September August Mixed Media Challenge and join us again in the new challenge coming up soon! Happy weekend :)
Hugs&Smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations Mixed Media DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}