Saturday 26 September 2015

Three Blokes on Camels

Hello.  Welcome.  My crafty space is a mess and cluttered with UFO's.  So I have decided to focus, grab some bits and put them together.  I am hoping today will be a record day for posting.  Best laid plans and all that stuffing.  So I'm getting the ball rolling with a quick and simple card featuring three blokes on camels.  And the colour blue.  You can't go wrong with a bit/lot of blue.



I cut a panel using Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die and stamped and embossed using cobalt blue powder.  The stamp is Crafty Individuals Three Kings of Christmas.  Then I sprinkled turquoise brusho on the top and ultramarine for the sand, spritzed with water and moved the colours around with a brush.  A quick way to get a watercolour wash.  I stuck the panel onto a dark blue base.  I think the colours are much more intense in the real.  I rarely do quick so maybe, for a change, I might make a few of these.  Maybe in different colours?  It's a thought.....

Joining the fun at
Crafty Individuals September Challenge - Anything Goes
Papirlosjen - Monokromatisk
September Rudolph Days Challenge 
ABC Christmas Challenge - S is for Silent
Papertake Weekly - It Will Soon be Here 
CHNC Challenge 248 - Stick it Down

Thanks for dropping by.  I'm going to do 5 minutes of putting things away before I tackle the next UFO.  That sounds do-able doesn't it?  Hugz

23 comments:

Flo Langley said...

Fabulous card Gail. The brusho background adds to the magic. Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
Flo x

Zw@@n said...

Stunning card, Gail. Gorgeous background and stamp! Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

Mrs A. said...

Love your 3 blokes on camels. What about red/gold riding off into the sunset stuff! Looks great in the blue mind you. Must get my brusho's out for a play. Can you let me have one Of your 5 mins please as I have run out. Hugs Mrs A.

Sylvia said...

Very beautiful card,Gail.Stunning background and embossing.

Hugs,Sylvia.

Kath said...

A fabulous card - I love the stamp you've used and it looks great against your brusho background.
Kath x

scrappymo! said...

Your embossed Wise men look wonderful against your pretty blue skies. I think you should do more as these have a very hip sort of feel to them!

Thanks for taking part in the September Rudolph Days Challenge.

Jean Hardy said...

Love this Gail, great Brushos effect, definitely should do more. Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge. Jeanx

Kathleen said...

Giggle, love the heading, fabulous card, great image and gorgeous blues.

Kath x

Jane Willis said...

Lovely card, the brushos colour wash looks great
Jane

SirisKort said...

Så herlig kort :)
Takk for at du deltar på Monokromatisk utfordringen hos Papirlosjen.
Siri DT

Eemeli said...

Came here from Rudolph Day challenge :)
Lovely cas creation. Very fit for the occasion.

Hugs,
Eemeli

Annie said...

lovin your blokes on camels! and the blue too, with a hint at purple perhaps?!
hugs, annie x

KandA said...

Gorgous card and lovely colours which look great with the stamp xx

Craftyfield said...

Now I get it... Obviously been working non chronologically through your posts and wondering about the UFOs!
A monochromatic card is excellent for Christmas mass production and with nice stamps (such as the Crafty Individuals) this is all that's required. Lovely!

Julia said...

Three blokes on camels .... I love it!
Julia

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Beautiful Brusho background, perfect for this CI stamp.
Thank you for joining the Crafty Individuals challenge.
Wishes
Lynne

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a lovely traditional xmas image and the sky looks cool
So glad I dropped in via the Rudolph Challenge
Would love to have you drop in for a visit
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Min hobbyverden said...

Flott kort - fikk julestemning.
Tusen takk for at du deltar på monokromatisk-utfordringen vår inne hos Papirlosjen.
Smil fra DT-Ane Lene

Barb said...

A lovely Rudolph Day card. I love how you've used the brushos. Barbxx

Sue - said...

Super Christmas card. Think it would look great in other colours too.

JennyH said...

Love your three wise blokes, the brusho background is beautiful : )

Janis said...

Oh, my goodness......I LOVE this card.
LOL @ 5 min of cleaning up. It takes me longer than 5 minutes to even decide which of the millions of things to put away!! Ha. I haven't been able to craft on my actual craft desk for weeks.....since the fires....so I have taken over the kitchen table now, too. :) It's so much more fun to craft than to organize......
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 248 - hope to see you again soon x