Sunday 1 November 2015

Lion Buttons

Hello.  Welcome.  Have you seen the cool colours for this months challenge at Rubber Dance?  It's red, white and blue for November AND December.  Yep, a two month challenge with two mega prizes at the end.  

What are you waiting for??  Oh, yeah......




Look at those cool lion buttons made by me!  Why are we buying buttons when with a stamp, some ink and some shrink plastic we can make your own.  



I started by stamping the lion from Rubber Dance African Animals on shrink plastic with ColorBox Arctic Deep chalk ink.  I cut using Sizzix circle die then I coloured the background with Brilliance Rocket Red Gold.  Can you see the shimmer?  



The shrinking increases the intensity of the colours.  Also the size LOL.  From 6.5cm (2,5") to 2,5cm (1").  Don't forget to punch your holes before you shrink LOL



Check out the challenge at Rubber Dance.  You must use the colours and stamping.  You don't have to use Rubber Dance stamps but we would love to see them LOL.  The theme is optional.  

Thanks for dropping by and don't forget if you are buying Rubber Dance stamps you can get 15% off with my code gail2015.  Now there's an idea for santa!  Hugz

Joining the fun at
The Cat Lovers Hop **extended, still a few hours to join the fun
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes 
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Dies and or Punches 

13 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Cool stamp! There weren't a lot of big cats at the hop so this is a nice change! Cool buttons!

Becca Yahrling said...

Great idea! I still have shrink plastic somewhere in my craft room of chaos. lol

Karenladd said...

What a great fun project and love that you used shrink plastic for your buttons! I have some sheets that I bought years ago and will have to pull them out to play around with them sometime. Now that I have a die cut machine I can cut them round instead of trying to hand-cut circles...ugh.

New Creations said...

Love the idea for making your own buttons, love this big cat stamping!

Janis said...

These are fabulous, Gail!!! Since you were the one who had asked if big cats were okay, I wondered when some would show up! Making your own buttons is a great idea. Love the lions and the bright colors.
Thank you so much for linking up at the Cat Hop!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

CAT LOVERS HOP EXTENDED! Last day to LINK: Nov. 1. Last day to COMMENT: Nov. 3. HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com!!!

ike said...

Ooooh mega cool - such a brilliant idea :-D
Great to meet you on this fab kitty Hop :-D

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page

D.Ann C said...

Cool buttons! I've been wanting to do some things with shrink plastic, but haven't tried yet. I wonder if it intensifies the color of everything, like copics or distress inks, too. Have you tried either? Have a great week!

ionabunny said...

Hi D Ann, it seems to be all mediums. I haven't tried copics but distress does the same. I assume it's cos you have the same amount of pigmentation but it gets squished into a smaller area. That was my scientific side wading in. I always like to understand why LOL. For that reason it's better to use lighter shades. The voice of experience...... Hugz

Fikreta said...

this is wonderful

Sue said...

Fabulous buttons! thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin hugs Sue DT xx

Mandy said...

Fabulous buttons Gail! The lion is gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Chris said...

Fabulous lion, the buttons are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Sammy said...

Oh how clever! Love these buttons. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x