Saturday 26 December 2015

Horsing Around

Hello. Welcome.  Posting a clock I altered for a friend.  I enjoyed altering this clock so I thought I'd make another one as a present for Elin.  She has horses.  Actually she has these horses LOL



I used a photograph as my background.  I painted the clock with blue acrylic behind and embossed the gold line around the edge of the clock with gold tinsel embossing powder.  The numbers are from Rubber Dance Pick a Number set, stamped on paper coloured with the same blue acrylic and embossed with the gold tinsel embosssing powder.  It has extra sparkle.  I am pleased to report that you can heat emboss an IKEA plastic clock without melting the clock.  Although it did take a lot of heating and did get quite warm.  I originally intended to do more, but in this case I think less worked very well.  

If you are shopping for stamps check out Rubber Dance Stamps.  
You can get 15% off if you use my code gail2015 before the end of the year.  

You might also like to check out Kristiina's post where she is having a fun giveaway.  Hop over and join the fun.  

Thanks for your visit.  Hugz

Joining the fun at 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make It Sparkle  
Scrappiness Utfordring 11 - Mixed Media 
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge Weeks 342/343 - Anything But Christmas 

10 comments:

Bibi Lindahl said...

Beautiful clock, Gail! I'm sure your friend will love it!
Good to know that the IKEA clock can withstand the heating when embossing. I have one that could use some altering ...
Thank you for using my number stamps, they look really great on the clock!
♥♥♥

Lizzy Hill said...

That is just sensational. I love the line of gold embossing. Really makes it stand out & to use HER horses....fanatastic present!!

Kristiina said...

Lovely clock! I heat embossed a faux leather phone cover once, that didn't melt either (I had work in progress before I even came to think about it...) It's always great to make usable art :)

Lynne Mizera said...

You are AMAZING 😊... What a lovely project. I would have never thought of this and I even have that clock! Thank you for sharing....(hugs)

jorunn`s Fristed said...

I love it, just the idea .. Thank for joining us again in scrappiness challenge. Hug DT Jorunn

Kay Wallace said...

Absolutely smashing, Gail! Impressive work!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous Clock, what a great design, Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts, Good Luck
Kevin xx

Teresa Kline said...

hi Gail! nice job...luv the gold embossing! so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Scrappiness said...

Great idea, and wonderful clock. Thanks again for joining our challange:)

Unknown said...

Wow, what a nice job! I really love the idea, and the result too. Thanks for joining us at Scrappiness. Hugs, DT Helga <3