Wednesday 30 December 2015

Owl Be Seeing You

Hello.  Welcome.  I made a tag



Inspired by the Die-namites inspiration picture


When I first saw the picture I though corrugated card, so I used that as a base for my tag.  I liked the worn white paint, so I added gesso.  Maybe I should have crackled it?! 



Then I used gold texture paste through Echo Park Diagonal Stripes stencil, cos the bags are stripey LOL.  I recently won this stencil from Bubbly Funk at The Daring Cardmakers Challenge.  Thanks Caroline.  Hugz



I cut Die-namites Festive Owls twice and coloured with sharpies.  I used a piece of burlap, cos the bags are fabric, and arranged the extra foliage around the owls.   The sentiment is a Rubber Dance stamp, stamped and embossed with gold tinsel embossing powder on vellum.  A bit of overstamping that I thought looked OK.  I am learning to embrace my imperfections.  Hugz



I added some burlap for the tie (not my best ever idea!) and a lovely copper coloured charm from Korthobby. 


If you have Christmas pennies to spend and are shopping for stamps check out Rubber Dance Stamps.  
You can get 15% off if you use my code gail2015 before the end of the year. 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Die-namites December Inspiration Challenge
Korthobby Utfordring Desember Utfordringen - Alt Er Lov 
Stamplorations Mixed Media Challenge 
Scrappelyst Utfordring for Desember - Dies 
Scrapy Land Challenge 32 - Holidays 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Really cute!! I like the texture and colours. Good to see you have something to do in the storm๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Sylvia said...

What a lovely tag with the cute owls.A happy 2016.

Hugs,Sylvia.

Bibi Lindahl said...

Owwwl, what a cute tag! Love the owls and of course the Xmas sentiment from Rubber Dance! :)) Cool idea to make a tag out of that currogated paper.

Tanja said...

those little owls are just adorable - thanks for joining us at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge

Samra said...

How adorable! Thank you so much for joining Scrapy Land challenge!
Hugs
Samra GDT

Merete/Scrappeguri said...

What a lovely tag! Thanks for joining us at the Korthobby`s
Merete

Susanne Rose said...

This is a lovely card Gail!!! The owls are too cute. Thank you for playing along in the Die-Namites Challenge. Use "susanne15" to save 15% on your next order in the Die-Namites online store. xx Susanne.

Susanne Rose said...

Hi sweety. Thank you again for joining us over at the STAMPlorations Challenge. Hugs!

Lori Kobular said...

Love this tag! The owls are adorable and I love the addition of the burplap! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #32!