Monday 17 April 2017

Bird On A Cup

Hello.  Welcome.  This is an 'I'm not sure project'.  I was inspired by the Mod Squad chalkboard challenge to make this panel and then used one of the Power Poppy sketches to put my card together.  And I liked it.  Then I took the picture and I didn't like it!   Then I looked at it again this morning and thought 'that's not too bad'.  So I decided to share.  


I stamped the Power Poppy image from the Short Stacks set on black card with Versamark and embossed with white powder.  I coloured the image with Galaxy Markers and ripped the edge of the panel.  I added some Taylored Expressions Sugar Cube dye ink to the edge of the panel and also used it for the 'chalk' effect.  Then I used Sizzix on the edge Notebook die and blue card and layered it behind the chalkboard panel.  This is the thing I am unsure about.  I like the blue, but wonder if it should have been black?  My background is tone on tone distress ink and a stamploration stencil.  I added some pieces of gold card and the sentiment is from the Short Stacks set as well. 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Power and Spark Challenge - Pick a Sketch Sketch 2
Mod Squad Challenge - Chalkboard Technique
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge 35 - What's Your Superpower Phenomenal drinker of tea.  Must be a British thing LOL
Stamplorations Things With Wings Spring Hop 
Stamplorations April Challenge - Stamps and Wings





11 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Gail this budgie and the cups looks so great done this way on black cardstock! What a great effect! Thanks so much for playing along again at Power Poppy!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love that Budgie Gail, looks great with the chalkboard background.. Hugs Tracey xx

Dotty Jo said...

I love that budgie against the black - looks fab! Jo x

Barbara said...

Yeah! You got two entries with this one. So glad you gave it a try and I live it. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Mod Squad Challenge. Good luck!
Barbara DT member

Jackie PN said...

Hello Gail!
This is delightful make- very happy you decided to share! The colors pop against the black and that stamp is just darling!
Thanks so much for your visit and sweet words! Glad you cam by!
Have a beautiful crafty week!
hugs,Jackie

Sue said...

I really like this Gail, a very happy card! xx

Lisa H said...

Cute card! Thanks for sharing with us at Mixed Media Monthly. =)

Clare said...

Nothing like a nice cuppa! A fabulous card. Thank you for taking part in this months Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. Clare DT

Stacy Morgan said...

The embossing is cool on the black and the hyper colors are awesome, nicely done. Thanks for playing in our Power and Spark challenge this month.

LauraJane:) said...

Nice coloring with those Galaxy Markers! Thanks for playing at STAMPlorations!

Chris Dring said...

This looks fabulous! What a fun image to use with the chalkboard technique. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations Theme & Sketch challenge!