Thursday 7 September 2017

Eye Of Newt Runs In The Family

Hello.  Welcome.  Decided to have another play with Taylored Expressions Birthday sketch.  Did a little halloween birthday combo and made a Happy Booday card for a friend who has a birthday next month.  Bwahahahahaa


I flipped the sketch this time and I've altered the proportions a bit as well.  Isn't that the cutest little witch?!!


I started by making this panel using an orange base.  I cut Taylored Expressions Spider Web Cutting Plate and 13 Dead End Drive from black card.  I paper pieced the 13 Dead End Drive die and glued it all together.  Love 13 Dead End Drive and what a bootastic name!!  Just saying......  Then I attached the panel to a black base card. 


I stamped Taylored Expressions Moka Tabitha with archival ink and did a bit of fussy cutting of her hat, feet and broom before die cutting using a Sizzix circle die.   I coloured her with distress inks and ink joy pens.  Then I edged the circle with wilted violet distress ink and covered the white space with glitter glue.  I added some of the pieces cut out of the spider web to each side of the circle and added some bats cut using a sizzix die.  I used part of the sentiment that comes with Tabitha, stamping and embossing with white powder.  After searching for dies to make my Booday word I decided to write it myself using a white gel pen.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Papirlosjen Utfordring September - Mixed Media
Hobbygarasjen Utfordring 51 - Glitter

 


5 comments:

Jorunn`s scrapperier said...

Boo... love Halloween cards.
So nice with the witch in the background and lovely girl in front.
Thanks for playing with us at Hobbygarasjen

DT Jorunn Elin

Ela said...

Hi Gail,

what a cute card, the backround rocks and the little whitch is so cute!

Hugs
Ela

Mary M said...

Gail, super cute card! Thanks for submitting it to Scrapyland's Challenge 73. Good luck!

SirisKort said...

What a fun card!
Takk for at du deltar hos Papirlosjen denne måneden :)
DT-Siri

Elisabeth said...

Nydelig kort. Tusen takk for at du deltar i Papirlosjen sin September utfordring.