Wednesday 13 September 2017

Gorgonzola Art

Hello.  Welcome.  I missed joining the Happy Little Stampers ATC challenge last month due to incompetence, so I was waiting eagerly to see what the topic was this month.   They have chosen Shapes.  So I decided to start with circles. 

  
Here's the background I started with, chalk inks over a Stamplorations stencil, die cut with my Sizzix ATC die


I stamped the Unity sentiment with VersaMark and embossed with black powder.  Then I decided my ATC needed to look like a Swiss Cheese!!!!


I used a small Sizzix circle die to cut the centers out a number of circles.  Then I backed it with some scrunched up silver foil.  I am so using that idea again.  What yummy texture that is!


Then, in keeping with the time references in the sentiment, I added some vintage metal clock charms.  These are all from Korthobby.no.  I had 4 different clocks.  The two round ones fitted perfectly with my circle shape.  The cuckoo clock was too cute not to use and it's little dangles fitted perfectly into that semi circle cut at the bottom.  Then I added the wristwatch to balance it all up.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Happy Little Stampers September ATC Challenge - Shapes
Korthobby September Utfordring - Alt Er Lov 
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge 40 - Vintage 
Scrapy Land Challenge 73 
Country View Challenge September 2017 - Metal


9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a fabulous way to create a background! I'm going to try this myself, Jo x

May Grethe said...

Kult og unikt som alltid fra deg, artig bruk av metallpynten. Takk for at du trofast deltar hos oss i Korthobbys Utfordringsblogg, det setter vi pris på <3

K M Meena Herale said...

Lovely ATC, love the glitter. Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena HLS ATC DT

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Beautiful card !
Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland challenges blog and good luck !
Maryvonne DT Member

Jane said...

Amazing words! And what a super way to display them on that gorgeously crafted background. Love it! Thanks so much for linking up to the HLS ATC Challenge.

Linda said...

What a fabulous ATC. I love the sentiment and the background looks amazing. What a fab idea to cut out those circles and the scrunched foil looks amazing peeping through .... I must try that. Thank you for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers ATC challenge xx

Amy Seigler said...

Love the sentiment. Great background and love the vintage clocks. Awesome!!! Thanks for playing with us at HLS ATC Challenge!

Merete/Scrappeguri said...

Kjempefint! Flott bakgrunn og bruk av metallpynt! Takk for at du deltar hos Korthobby`s utfordring!
Merete

Miriam said...

Great project - thanks for joining in at CVC