Saturday 9 September 2017

One Of Our Birds is Missing

Hello.  Welcome.  The House That Stamps Built has a Sympathy challenge.  This is a difficult subject but the DT has produced some lovely inspiration.  I was particularly struck by the fact that they have steered away from the usual neutral colours.  So I decided to use a distress ink background that I had made and Stamplorations For The Birds stamp.  

I swooshed distress inks on my card base and cut it with Stamplorations Double Stitch Rectangle die.  I stamped For the Birds stamp and Unity's With Sympathy sentiment and embossed with black powder. 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at





7 comments:

Heather said...

Oooo . . . this is gorgeous!!! Your background is beautiful and the simplicity definitely makes it perfect for a sympathy card. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

ÅsaJ said...

I love that silhouttte stamp! So beautiful! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

Jane said...

Oh this is so beautiful Gail and I too love the idea of a bit of colour on a sympathy card. Thanks for linking it up at AAA Cards.

Dotty Jo said...

A beautiful card, Jo x

Judy Iverson said...

Beautiful card. I seem to need lots of these every so often so will be copying your lovely birds on watercolor backgrounds. Missing the card exchange, but enjoying travel. Take care!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Gail, very elegant card! It is always difficult to make sympathy cards, yours should bring piece to some heart in pain. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

Linda said...

This is gorgeous ..... I love the soft shades for the background. Thank you for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge xx