Thursday 28 September 2017

Rosy Drumlins

Hello.  Welcome.  I was lucky enough to win a prize at the 7 Kids birthday bash on fb and it arrived today and I couldn't wait to get busy with this lovely Brutus Monroe stencil and the pink nuvo glitter paste.  That perfectly fitted for a christmas card I had in mind so here we go, Prima doll in a blue and pink winter wonderland. 


I had to think about this, cos I wanted to keep it one layer.  I cut my blue card base with Stamplorations Crazy Double stitched rectangle die.  Then I took the B/M folkwave stencil and the pink Nuvo glimmer paste.  Oooh, yummy.  It dried really fast as well.  Very useful for impatient crafting.  Then I put my Prima doll on my acrylic block, inked her, flipped it over and she dropped like a stone onto my card!!!!   The air turned shades of purple.  Deep breathe, apply pressure with the acrylic block, pick her up and survey the damage!   Sigh of relief, just a bit of extra ink around her boot bows and hat.  Hopefully no one will notice.  I coloured her with sharpies, which hold their colour really well on coloured cardstock.  Then I masked her and stamped Hero Arts Stunning Snowflakes with Salty Ocean distress. I also edged the top of the card with Salty Ocean.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
7 Kids Challenge 12 - Anything Goes
Rudolph Days Challenge
A Blog Named Hero Challenge - One Layer
Kaboks Utfordring 16 - Julekort i Utradisjonelle Farger

7 comments:

Swapna B Patil said...

Such a simple and pretty card.. Thank you for joining us at A Blog Named Hero this month.. All the best and see you in next challenge..

nitisartfromheart.bloggspot.no said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Gail. Love the colour comb.
I wish you a wonderful and creative weekend.
Hugs, Anita xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Jonna,
Happy Rudolf Days.
what a very wonderful card, and super design too.
Brilliant work with the glitter paste.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.GD

scrappymo! said...

Great design on this lovely modern Christmas card. I am loving the look of the young lady and the beautiful pink scalloped design for the glitter.
Thanks for taking part in the September Rudolph Days Challenge.

Bente Årstad said...

Så stilig julekort. Takk for at du scrapper med oss hos kaBoks, DT Bente:)

Robyn Oliver said...

Really pretty card Gail, love the stencil and great sparkly glitter

~*Joni said...

Your one layer card is so gorgeous and full of depth! The stencil is beautiful with this image! Thank you for joining us at 7kids challenge this month!