Saturday 23 September 2017

Woodland Potato Postcard

Hello.  Welcome.  Mr Potato wanted to play along with the VLVS challenge.  He says he's a forest animal.  


I started with a 6 x 4" piece of pale blue card.  I stamped the VLVS concentric circle stamp all over the blue card using Watering Can archival ink.  I used 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th impressions, stamping til I could stamp no more, and then re-inking.  I took some pages from a dictionary, words beginning with P, and coloured with Old Paper, Tea Dye and Stormy Sky distress inks.  I ripped the dictionary pages up and stuck them over the blue stamped card.  VLVS Mr Potato stamped on old book paper, embossed, fussy cut and coloured with Promarkers and white gel pen.  The VLVS sentiment was stamped and embossed on old book paper and layered on a couple of pieces of the blue stamped card.  I used my craft knife and did some serious distressing on the edges.

"It is as bad as you think and they are out to get you!"

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Mr Potato is joining the fun at

8 comments:

Marlies said...

A fantastic fun card and a very good idea of the pages on the background. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

coldwaters2 said...

Wow what a brilliant card Gail that background looks fantastic, it is great to be visiting you, thank you for joining our challenge at ADDICTED TO STAMPS I do hope you will join us next time
hugs
lorraine x

Melissa L. said...

Cute card, Gail. Fun sentiment and cool background. Thanks for playing at HLS' MM Challenge for September.

Boozybear said...

serous distressing lol looks great. And of course who doesn't love Mr. Potato head. Thanks for playing along at Mixed Media Monthly

Diana said...

you card made me laugh!! I love the quote!! I may have to use that on one of my art journal pages in the future! thanks so much for playing along with us at Mixed media Monthly!

Cheetarah said...

LOL that's a funny card :) Thanks for playing along with the VLVS! challenge again! xo Cheetarah

Alma said...

Hi Gail your card is so funny! I love it. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to stamps Challenge, Alma

Anita Sæterdal said...

I did realy like your card, thanks for entering Papirlosjen challange. Hugs DT-Anita