Sunday 1 October 2017

Basilodes pepita

Hello.  Welcome.  PaperArtsy have a metallics challenge.  I have tried freehand embossing on metal before without too much success, but, emboldened by Linda's tutorial, I thought I'd have another go.  


I cut the moth from a gold metal sheet using a PaperArtsy moth die and added detail using some ball tools.  Then I used Whimsy FaDoodles stamps, that I was lucky to win in a giveaway from Mrs A.  Thanks Mrs A.  These are really cool and a great help for those of us with attention deficit LOL!  Lots of different styles and sizes of lines and then some little cuties to fill in the gaps.  In keeping with the metallic theme I went for gold embossing.  Sentiment by Unity.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy Topic 13 - Metallics
Whimsy Inspirations Challenge 99 - Anything Goes

6 comments:

craftytrog said...

I love the detail you added to the moth! Great card!
Alison x

Craftyfield said...

I love embossing metal, the results always look fab. A charming card, Gail. xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Fab card !
Corrie x

Dotty Jo said...

Wow! Never tried this myself, but your attempt is amazing, Jo x

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...

What a super sweet project you have for us today, so well thought out and put together a fabulous Creation Beautiful in every way, we are so lucky you have entered our WHIMSY STAMPS challenge blog so beautiful to look at good luck hugs Tracy x

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful!!! You did really well with the moth!!