Saturday 28 October 2017

Chocolate Lovers Unite

Hello.  Welcome.  It's Day 28 of the 31 Days of Halloween and over at The Lost Coast Portal to Creativity the dimensions have been breached and the cats are after your chocolate.  Be afraid, be very afraid........


This is Lost Coasts Designs Cheshire Cat.  He's a sweetie really. 


I used handmade black paper and ripped the hole, folding back the ripped sections.  Because I wanted to rearrange the stamp a bit it wouldn't work to back the hole, and I was thinking how I was going to draw all that texture behind when I realised I was looking at it wrong.  I used red card, covered it with versamark and black embossing powder and then used my pokey tool to remove some of the powder before heating.  Looks like crazy cat fur to me LOL.


Then I stamped Cheshire Cat on red patterned paper, cut out his head and claws, added some white gel pen and galaxy marker colour and popped them up on foam pads.  The sentiment is an amalgamation of two from Carmen's Veranda.  

Do hop over to The Lost Coast Portal to Creativity and check out all the spooky inspiration from the team.  We are posting every day this month and there is still time to link your spooky or cute Halloween stamped projects to our 31 Days of Halloween challenge.  See you there.  Hugz

Cheshire Cat is joining the fun at
The 2017 Cat Lovers Hop
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Penny Black and More - Close to Nature
Joy Clair Challenge - Anything Goes

18 comments:

D.Ann C said...

Diving to the floor and hiding the chocolate! I do not want to come face to face with that guy! I love how you made the hole and the background fur!

Becca Yahrling said...

Wow, that is definitely one spooky character! lol Great job on this creative card.
rebyah1 @ gmail dot com USA

Sue D said...

Yikes--this is scary!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com USA

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow! This is brilliant and so spooky! (I love that!) Fab idea with scratching off the embossing powder and I adore the stamp. xxD dlundinger(at)yahoo(dot)com

ike said...

Brilliant - love the kitty and very clever way you did the background.
Great to meet you at the Cat Hop.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Dotty Jo said...

What a great way to frame this creepy cat! Love how you made his fur - very effective, I thought it was part of the stamp! Jo x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Creepy kitty but cool card design! Nicely done! I have enjoyed the Hop!

Beverly S. said...

Spooky! I love the way you torn the paper and opened it up for the cat to peer out of. :) Creative card!

Beverly S
theladystamper2000atyahoodotcom

Fikreta said...

oh this is super cool!
love it!

Anne said...

oooh I love how you've done this, what a fabulous card

Anne x

Lisa Lynn said...

Yikes that Cheshire Cat looks like he would rip you into shreds to get whatever he wants. Love the way you have him coming out of the paper.

brenda said...

This is such fun Gail and great use of colour to really make Cheshire Cat pop from the page, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Janis said...

Genius creation...and very scary!! Love the way you did the fur. The claws and teeth on that fellow are quite intimidating. :)

Thanks for joining us in the #CatLoversHop2017!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Daniela said...

Such a fun card! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
x Daniela (DT)

Linby said...

A brilliant and fun design. Such an effective use of the paper. Thanks so much for sharing with us at PB & More.
Lynn x
DT

Tracy Freeman said...

I love it, so much fun and love how you designed this.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Carole J said...

WOW! Now that's a cat not to be crossed! Fab fur - very cool and effective card! x

Ellibelle said...

Great design, thanks so much for sharing at Penny Black and More!