Sunday 7 January 2018

Sometimes Too Much

Hello.  Welcome.  There's a lot of challenges still on winter and frosty blues and traditional xmas colours, but a couple of brighter inspirations have caught Mr Mojo's attention.  One of this years wishes is to join a few more challenges where I have spent so much time lurking that Mr Linky has up and expired!!!!  So, less looking, more making.  One of these is Mrs. A's Butterfly challenge so here we go.  Butterflies, of course, but also one layer and ultra pink.  Ultra pink?  Well, I don't waste my time trying to work out what people want, I ask, and Mrs A says she's looking for a nice strong pink.  Picked Raspberry is our ultra friend.........


Now, I think the main challenge of one layer is getting the elements in the right order, and not mucking it up of course with dirty marks or bad stamping, so I took it slowly, one element at a time, and the end result = quite pleasing.  I started by cutting my white card base with Stamplorations large crazy double stitched rectangle die.  Then I stamped the medium butterfly from Rubber Dance Butterfly Trio with black archival and masked.  I took a piece of A4 paper, cut a curve to mask off the top of the card and sponged Picked Raspberry distress ink.  I removed the A4 mask and stamped the Rubber Dance solid butterfly stamp.  I also edged the card with the Picked Raspberry ink and stamped the Crafty Individuals sentiment

'wishing you butterfly mornings &
wild flower afternoons'

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at

10 comments:

Donna said...

What a gorgeous card, I like the pink butterflies fluttering away from the main image. So glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built!

terrie said...

What a great looking card...I like those fluttering butterflies.
Thanks for doing the Butterfly Challenge

Mrs A. said...

Ultra pink it is. I love your layering up to achieve an in depth look to your card. Thankyou for fluttering into the butterfly garden with this gorgeous card. Hugs Mrs A.

Craftyfield said...

So glad you chose an ultra pink for your card! So fed up with winter already and icy blues... roll on hot summer colours! Gorgeous card Gail, thanks for showing us at Stamplorations Theme & Sketch.

Bibi Lindahl said...

Lovely card. Pink rules! :-)
The black and white butterfly is a nice contrast to the pink in the back. Well done! Thank you for using our stamps! ♥

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap, good luck!!! Amy DT

Esther Asbury said...

Such a bright and cheery card! Love that zentangle looking butterfly! So happy you linked this up to The House That Stamps Built! Do join us again soon!

Heather said...

I think you nailed the ultra pink, for sure!! This is so pretty and the way you did the masking and inked circle make it look anything but one-layer! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Linda said...

This is gorgeous .... love the pink. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge xx

LauraJane:) said...

Love the flutter of butterflies! Thanks for sharing at STAMPlorations' Theme and Sketch Challenge :)