Friday 16 February 2018

Shakin In Me Boots

Hello.  Welcome. I been playing along with Winnie and Walters birthday celebration challenges but one of em had me in two minds.  Shakers!!  Love em?  Hate em?  Me, I always have big ideas and always end up frustrated.  How do people just put one of these together in 5 minutes??  Anyway, I had an idea I wanted to try and I figured it's not a really challenge if you don't find it challenging.  Quite pleased with the result.  


I've used Winnie and Walter's Can You See What I See cutting plate.  I used this the other day with gold mirror card, and then Lydia made a white card embossing with this plate and it looked so lovely.  So I decided to emboss with this die and also do a partial cut to make a window for a shaker card.


I took a piece of white card and embossed it with the die plate and then I used an oval Sizzix diffusion plate to cut the shaped aperture.  I used a craft knife to remove the pieces around the oval edge which had only partially cut.  


I cut an oval frame with Sizzix dies to cover the edge where die cut met embossing.  I added a layer of acetate and used some ex-packaging to build up my shaker.  I filled it with lilac, silver and iridescent sequins and backed it with some patterned paper.  I also cut the Winnie and Walter Thanks from the same pp and also twice from black card and layered them, offsetting the layers to give a shadow effect.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at

10 comments:

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... what a fabulous shaker card Gail! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Sequins’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh my Gail this is fab, I've not made a shaker card for years. Love how you have cut that aperture. You've made me want to make one now!! Thank you for sharing and good luck in your challenges.
Have a great weekend Tracey x

Teresa Kline said...

super fun design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card. Perfect for our "SEQUIN" Challenge. Thanks for joining in and good luck in the draw.  Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

maria f. said...

Nicely done. And griddy ;)

Diane said...

Beautifully created shaker!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Leslie Miller said...

This is brilliant! Embossed, cut, and framed, with the bright paper showing through -- love it! The "thanks" cut from the same paper really brings it all together. A very cohesive design and so pretty! I'm glad you shared this in our sequins challenge at Double D!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my goodness, this is simply stunning. I love your pretty background, but the shaker window is the star. Absolutely beautiful, and so creative!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with sequins over at Double D!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Please stop by and see me!!

Hege said...

Fint kort.
Stilig med shaker-effekten.
Tusen takk for at du deltar hos Scrappelyst.

Wenche said...

Flott kort med spennende teknikker. Takk for at du deltar hos Scrappelyst.